Author Topic: Animal Friends Insurance…Renewal down AGAIN  (Read 4264 times)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Animal Friends Insurance…Renewal down AGAIN
« on: September 10, 2016, 03:57:22 PM »
Earlier this year I wrote about Milly's insurance renewal…..

"This time last year I posted about a 2p increase in the annual cost our £7k lifetime policy with Animal Friends for Milly, up from £202-21 from £202-23.

I've just got this year's renewal and it's down in price to £196-32 for the coming year.

I'll be renewing first thing tomorrow morning before they change their mind  ;)"

Further down in that thread I also said…….

"That's Milly's renewal paid and a somewhat less than subtle hint dropped about a similar decrease in Chaz's renewal premium when it comes due at the end of August  :005:

Not a huge amount of savings but, as Dot would say, "Many a mickle makes a muckle"  :lol:"

Chaz's renewal quote has just dropped into my inbox and the "less than subtle hint" seems to have worked  ;)

His annual premium is now down from £214-20 last year to £204-48 for the coming year  :clapping:

Needless to say their quote's been confirmed by phone and the payment made  ;).

Bob.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Animal Friends Insurance…Renewal down AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:24:14 PM »
Bob could I ask Chaz and Milly's age.  I am with Animal friends and wondering if Ollies renewal will go up this time as he will be 9 next time.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:00:27 AM »
Chaz was born on the 30th of July 2012 and Milly on the 20th of August 2010, so Chaz would be 4 and Milly's 6…Wow, doesn't time fly  :005:

I've always found the Animal friends people to be very approachable and helpful so it may well be worth giving them a phone and having a bit of a chat about Ollie's renewal premium. It certainly can't do any harm  ;)

Bob.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 08:14:38 AM »
Thanks Bob

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
We use Animal friends for both the dog and our cats and find them to be very helpful and reasonable in cost.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
well premium has gone up by £12 a year as Ollie will be classes as senior from December, not a lot but it alters excess slightly also .  Have I ever made a claim in the 8 years been with them....no  :o

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »
We use Animal Friends for two of our boys & I've kept meaning to change Jake's. His renewal came through today, his 9th birthday.
Monthly charge gone up from £26 plus to £32 plus. Pushed me to make the call &  now insured him for £19 a month with a reduction of excess to £69 from £99.
Nultiple pet discount applied & that saved a couple of pounds a month on Charlie & Dylan's accounts.😃😃
Always found them very approachable & act promptly. Had recent claim settled within 7 days
Very happy owner
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »
The dreaded insurance renewal quote came though my door yesterday. The annual premium with John Lewis for our 7 year old cocker spaniel has gone up to £987 which is up from £52 to £78 per month. I thought long and hard about changing insurers last year but as Alfie’s had quite a few claims over the years (though none over the past 12 months)and has one condition which will not be covered by insurers I came to the conclusion that we should stick with the current insurers. However now that there has been yet another substantial rise it’s time to review again so have been reading through the COL threads for help. I’m very interested to read your post about how reasonable Animal Friends are Bob and wondered which policy you have to cover your dogs as the highest I can see is £6000 per condition with the Prestige cover? I’m also aware that we’re round about the cut off point for changing insurers.