Author Topic: insurance help  (Read 11186 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: insurance help
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »

Our vet won't fill in the form there and then - it is done by the administrators, so I have to go back and pick it up a few days later......... :-\ We got a letter from the Practice not long after we got Molo saying that the FSA guidelines meant that vets should no longer send the forms to the Insurance Company direct, or accept payment direct  ::)

Rachel you are quite right.  Vets are no longer, in theory, allowed to deal with Insurance Companies directly.  FSA guidelines and the dreaded Data Protection rulings should make this impossible. 

On the petplan form it does however have a box to tick where you also sign saying that your vets can do this --- the vet we see in Swansea sends the forms in and recieves the payment directly (I fill in relevant bits 1st)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »

Our vet won't fill in the form there and then - it is done by the administrators, so I have to go back and pick it up a few days later......... :-\ We got a letter from the Practice not long after we got Molo saying that the FSA guidelines meant that vets should no longer send the forms to the Insurance Company direct, or accept payment direct  ::)

Rachel you are quite right.  Vets are no longer, in theory, allowed to deal with Insurance Companies directly.  FSA guidelines and the dreaded Data Protection rulings should make this impossible. 

On the petplan form it does however have a box to tick where you also sign saying that your vets can do this --- the vet we see in Swansea sends the forms in and recieves the payment directly (I fill in relevant bits 1st)

;) Same with M&S that's  why the customer has to get the claim form  :-\ (you can download M&S's) so it's very easy, and fill in the first part, then give to the vet to do everything else  :shades:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »
;) Same with M&S that's  why the customer has to get the claim form  :-\ (you can download M&S's) so it's very easy, and fill in the first part, then give to the vet to do everything else  :shades:

Sadly, it's not the Insurer, but the vets, that are refusing in our case........the Practice is part of a large chain across the South, so I imagine many people have the same problem  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2007, 10:42:14 PM »

I don't understand why though?

Billys vet sends the forms off to the insurer for me no problem

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
I think a lot of it depends on how nice your vet is - mine have no problem doing the forms...
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »

I don't understand why though?

Billys vet sends the forms off to the insurer for me no problem

I suppose it is because the policy is with the Pet Owner, not the vet, and so they should only sign it once it has been completed by the vet, rather that it being submitted to the Insurance company by the vet, so that the Client has never seen the completed form, iyswim? I imagine it would be easier for someone to challenge the decision of an Insurance Company if the form was sent off without the Policy Holder seeing it  ;)

Similarly, I imagine that any payment should be made to the Insurance Policy holder, not a third party unless it falls within the Third Party clauses of the policy  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club