Author Topic: Shooting season's back!!!  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Dan

Shooting season's back!!!
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
Well I have a load of days out this year and it's brodies first shooting season all the hard work I have put in is about to be put to the test and i can't wait to see how she does! Anyone else have a dog they are using for the first time on a shoot day?

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Shooting seasons back!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
Last season was gemma's first. We have trained her ourselves and I must say she did us proud. She mainly flushes because of her size. Am really looking forward to this season because she can only get better. Already have had her in the local beet and potato fields ( dodging the farmer) where she puts up pidgeon and game birds.Over excitement sometimes makes her forget to respond to the whistle but that is always work in progress and to be honest 99% of all the shoot dogs sometimes get deaf. :005:,
Good luck with Brodie in the season but she will make you one proud dad. Get the first one over and then its fab.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:23 PM »
Second season for Pearl this time - she's a peg dog and chooses not to retrieve but will mark and point birds brilliantly :005:  given she's a show type I've concluded that she doesn't think she should be working like the other cockers.....which are just amazing to watch :D

Enjoy!  Looking forward to hearing how Brodie gets on :D

Offline TKB

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
I'm so jealous....Bruce can no longer work due to shattering his elbow in january......god only knows how I'll keep him occupied during the shooting season!  Have fun!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Definitely not their first seasons but really looking forward to it as usual, this will be the first year Caoimhe won't be trialling so I'll be taking her out beating and picking up with Ro. I've been taking them out rabbiting quite a bit which has been keeping them sharp but looking forward to our proper shoots starting again.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mel B

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
I have two cockers and my youngest (Florence) is nearly 14 months now.  Her training is progressing well and I plan to introduce her to cold game next week.  I am aiming to get her out at some point late in the season but if I'm not confident she's ready we will wait until next year.  I can still take my older cocker although he's a bit wild so I won't be doing much with him.  I don't want to rush it with my youngest and end up with wild thing mark 2!! 

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
Same position as you Mel, I am thinking Teal may get a couple of days beating at the back end of the year, providing I can find some beating when we move to Somerset.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Smokey 1

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
Muswell will be working the Longridge shoot again this season, I have sent loads of entry forms off in the hope of getting Syd and Lilly a run in a novice trial. If they are half as good on birds as they have been on the rabbits then we may be in with a chance  :D

Smokey
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:08 PM »
Jon will you be at Weston Park again?  it's been a while since I had a Syd fix ;)  would be good see Muswell again and meet Lilly.......

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Shooting season's back!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
 Noooooo    :012:   don't think The Bear will be ready to attempt taking him along this year ........

but I am   :happydance:     :021:

so off to do some beating dogless to gain experience for when (if) he is ready  ph34r 

Looking forwards to it too.......I think   ;)

Jon will you be at Weston Park again?  it's been a while since I had a Syd fix ;)  would be good see Muswell again and meet Lilly.......

ditto to Jaynes question -would be good to see you and the gang if you're going ;)   :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!