Author Topic: Barbed wire.................  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
Re: Barbed wire.................
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »
It's all knitted together and scabbed over....he's ready for the end of the week and weekend - 3 shoots - one each and then they do one together ;)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 08:07:45 PM »
That's great  :D all fixed up in no time. Hope they all enjoy their shoots this weekend, minus injuries  ::)

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
I have in the past ask Mick the farmer were are horse are kept WHY does he use Barbed wire...(Being an American invention and brought back to england)...Farmers just don't seem to know if you ask me...

I think it was the easiest thing to keep cattle sheep in check before electric fencing came along (it has a similar effect, only potentially causing actual injury instead of just a shock) . Problem is, it's much cheaper for farmers to just keep the old barbed wire instead of replacing it with leccy fencing  ::) The worst is when the fencing has collapsed and the wire is partially buried  >:(

• Inactive
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »
I have in the past ask Mick the farmer were are horse are kept WHY does he use Barbed wire...(Being an American invention and brought back to england)...Farmers just don't seem to know if you ask me...

I think it was the easiest thing to keep cattle sheep in check before electric fencing came along (it has a similar effect, only potentially causing actual injury instead of just a shock) . Problem is, it's much cheaper for farmers to just keep the old barbed wire instead of replacing it with leccy fencing  ::) The worst is when the fencing has collapsed and the wire is partially buried  >:(

Yes you are right there - they spent months on the shoot last year clearing it away but as you say, it gets buried.

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
glad to hear it has healed up nicely and that he can get back to work  :luv: :luv:
I hate barbed wire as well, I climbed over some last year and tore a hole in the butt of my favourite (but old) Diesel jeans. I was gutted about the jeans but more gutted that I had a short top on and had to walk 3 miles home with my bum cheek hanging out  ph34r ph34r

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »
glad to hear it has healed up nicely and that he can get back to work  :luv: :luv:
I hate barbed wire as well, I climbed over some last year and tore a hole in the butt of my favourite (but old) Diesel jeans. I was gutted about the jeans but more gutted that I had a short top on and had to walk 3 miles home with my bum cheek hanging out  ph34r ph34r

:005: :005: :005: :005: