Author Topic: Ruby's first gundog assessment !  (Read 1501 times)

Offline rubytuesday007

Ruby's first gundog assessment !
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Hi, just wanted to share I've booked Ruby's first assessment for gundog lessons! I'm really excited and I'm hoping to channel some of that brain power! Just hope she doesn't show me up!! I'm using a lady from ironpitts gundogs so if anyone has used or is using Lara would be great to hear how you've found it??

Offline redlottie

Re: Ruby's first gundog assessment !
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
Hi
I have been going to Lara for the past 2 and a half years with my 2, she also grooms them and boards them when we go on holiday.

Would thoroughly recommend her and the training.  Its fab to see the dogs natural instinct come out and it helps with general obedience as well.  Be prepared though its as much about training you the handler than it is the dog, and if you dont do it right she will tell you.  Not in a nasty way but in a way that gets results.

When are you going?  We normally go on a Saturday morning but will be there Sunday this week.

If you have any specific questions or want more advice on what to expect etc then just let me know

Good luck and enjoy

Charlotte

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
I'm hoping to go to Lara too once Alfie is old enough  :luv: Please let me know how you get on  :D

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
Lara was fantastic, she seems to think Ruby has a lot of potential it's just me that needs the training!  :005: I found her very clear and explained everything really well.. I didn't feel daft asking any question and as long as you put the work in I'm seeing bits of results already! It's all terrain so you get to experience all different cover I must say having been a couple of times I'm now hooked!

Offline redlottie

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »
So glad you enjoyed it, it does get you hooked.  We go religiously whatever the weather and enjoy it as much as the dogs do I think  :D

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
Lara was fantastic, she seems to think Ruby has a lot of potential it's just me that needs the training!  :005: I found her very clear and explained everything really well.. I didn't feel daft asking any question and as long as you put the work in I'm seeing bits of results already! It's all terrain so you get to experience all different cover I must say having been a couple of times I'm now hooked!

so are we and Pearl is a show type - she won't ever compete but we will go to a couple of shoots later this year, so she gets to experience what all cockers are born to do......seems unfair otherwise!

Lara is fab - I need to arrange to go back for another lesson but its an hour and half drive for us!