Author Topic: Lost admin password  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Lost admin password
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
Ok, sister has just had a nasty split from her boyfriend before leaving, he changed all the admin passwords on both her computers, so she now can't get in to them.  Is there anyway she can get in and change her password back, she tried to do a system restore but again it's asking for the admin password.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: Lost admin password
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
Ok, sister has just had a nasty split from her boyfriend before leaving, he changed all the admin passwords on both her computers, so she now can't get in to them.  Is there anyway she can get in and change her password back, she tried to do a system restore but again it's asking for the admin password.

Glad to hear she's split up with him!  :bigarmhug:

She may have to take one of them to a computer shop (I had to have one of mine wiped and a factory reset for the same reason)

ETA
Does this help? I googled 'Lost admin password'
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/lost-administrator-password-on-windows-7-any-way/d431ba57-7d25-4699-9ad2-5aa10d3e7fde
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:09:51 PM »
Ask someone you know with an active PC and internet account to Google / download and burn a copy of Bart CD, boot from this disk and you will be able to sort with out all the trouble of a re install.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
Excellent, thanks JeffD

Yes she finally saw the light, thank goodness, he's now living with another 'lady' but now his sister, him and new partner are all sending her really vile texts, she's now changed her number and all his belongings have been dropped off at the police station he was held at when arrested.  If you could hear the way she speaks about him now, it's not nice, but so good to realise she now can see exactly what he was like and what he was doing to the family.