Author Topic: A new toy  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
A new toy
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »
Well I have been umming and aahing about it and finally ordered a new Touchpad today. It is a Versus 7 and is certainly an upgrade on the HP one (circa 2003) that finally gave up the ghost...even with a new battery.

Anyone know about these, as I am sure to be asking questions   :doh:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: A new toy - update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
Well!! really enjoying myself with the new gizmo  ;)  got it Tuesday, and have set up the wifi, email (been electronically talking to myself  ph34r )and had a game of angry birds :005:

Notice there is a lot of stuff I won't use, like skype for example and will have to find out if I can uninstall....there is a book app  (not kindle) - so not sure how that works.

ah well no doubt time will tell
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: A new toy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:45 PM »
sounds as though you are having a whole lot of fun with your new toy? :D

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »
Oh yes indeedy had a look at the kindle store on Amazon tonight - cos apparently you can buy/or download books for free - but it looked a bit complicated and the reviews were a bit iffy  :dunno:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
There's nothing iffy about the Kindle app for Android tablets and even the best apps always attract a few negative reviews ;) I have this app on my tablet (also android but a Nexus 7) and it's synced with my Amazon kindle account so all the books on my Kindle can now be accessed on my tablet. It's quite simple to set up & have never had any problems.

There are lots of other useful apps on the Google Play store - I went mad and downloaded too many when I first got my tablet but have cut them down to the ones I actually use now :005:
Jane

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »
There's nothing iffy about the Kindle app for Android tablets and even the best apps always attract a few negative reviews ;) I have this app on my tablet (also android but a Nexus 7) and it's synced with my Amazon kindle account so all the books on my Kindle can now be accessed on my tablet. It's quite simple to set up & have never had any problems.

There are lots of other useful apps on the Google Play store - I went mad and downloaded too many when I first got my tablet but have cut them down to the ones I actually use now :005:

Thanks Jane - always good to read a positive view. Kindle certainly seem to have a lot of  choices to read.  I have been looking at the free googleplay games as well - thing is once you start looking........like yu say it is easy to go mad with these things. :lol2:

Just to let you know I have managed to download Kindle (and a book) onto new android.  :clapping: :dance04: