Author Topic: Ipad Repair  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Darwin

Ipad Repair
« on: March 02, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »
Over half term my 13yr son managed to crack the glass on his Ipad  >:D
Has any one had to have their screen replaced,  If so, how good was it afterwards?  Any things to look out for ?
Have found a semi-local company that sounds ok and it may be possible to same day drop off / pick up.

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
Re: Ipad Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
I cracked the glass on my husband's and had to replace the entire thing as it had landed on the corner :(  We went to an Apple Store though and they charged just over 50% of the cost I think it was on the basis that they could recycle the bits from the broken one. Very costly mistake - to this day I still don't have my own iPad as the savings went on this... oh well.  Hope you have better luck.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
Over half term my 13yr son managed to crack the glass on his Ipad  >:D
Has any one had to have their screen replaced,  If so, how good was it afterwards?  Any things to look out for ?
Have found a semi-local company that sounds ok and it may be possible to same day drop off / pick up.

How old is it? If its under 12 months they may replace it free. I know somebody else that had that happen

Offline Darwin

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
It's nearly 18 months old,  but my son has to pay for the repair himself.  He's already raised just over £100 by selling 3 lego sets on ebay.  I'll start looking at prices, he might need to sell some more lego ;)

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Just a thought, but would your home insurance cover the cost due to accidental damage?

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Darwin

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
Just a thought, but would your home insurance cover the cost due to accidental damage?

Hadn't considered that.  But haven't got a clue what the excess will be.  Being a mean Mum >:D, I'm trying to give my son a life lesson.   He's doing really well  with his lego ebay mission ( maybe to well, as he's not exactly had to work for the money! ), in less than 2 weeks he's raised over £150 and his target is £200.

Going to book a slot at our local Apple store for 2 weeks time, but I've told my son he'll have to do the talking.  He's offered me money if I do it!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »

Hadn't considered that.  But haven't got a clue what the excess will be.  Being a mean Mum >:D, I'm trying to give my son a life lesson.   He's doing really well  with his lego ebay mission ( maybe to well, as he's not exactly had to work for the money! ), in less than 2 weeks he's raised over £150 and his target is £200.

Going to book a slot at our local Apple store for 2 weeks time, but I've told my son he'll have to do the talking.  He's offered me money if I do it!

Awww bless him (for earning the money, not trying to bribe you).   :005: :005:   I can't blame you for teaching him to be responsible.  Hope your son gets it sorted (which I'm sure he will).  ;)

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »

Hadn't considered that.  But haven't got a clue what the excess will be.  Being a mean Mum >:D, I'm trying to give my son a life lesson.   He's doing really well  with his lego ebay mission ( maybe to well, as he's not exactly had to work for the money! ), in less than 2 weeks he's raised over £150 and his target is £200.

Going to book a slot at our local Apple store for 2 weeks time, but I've told my son he'll have to do the talking.  He's offered me money if I do it!

Aah don't be too hard on him - I don't suppose he meant to break the glass & he is giving up some things of his own to get a new one, as opposed to just sulking & throwing a wobbly till you gave in   :D (perhaps he knew that day would be a long time coming tho   ;) )Instead I would congratulate him for reaching his goal   :clapping:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.