Author Topic: have been sold out of date JWB  (Read 1728 times)

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
have been sold out of date JWB
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Last week I bought JWB Junior from our local kennels (they have thier own shop too)  wasn't until today when reading the packet about quantities etc that I saw that it was over a month OUT OF DATE!

I am fuming, I have just rang the kennels shop, the girl was appologetic, but said she would have to get the owners to call when they come back, as they hove no more in stock, the thing is, Barney only eats this flavour, does not like anything else, and there is no other shop near by that I can buy it from!

I am so annoyed!

Do you think it is safe to carry on gicvng him it until they can get some more stock in a couple of days? he has been having it for a week already

I feel bad now, poor boy.

Cazzie

Re: have been sold out of date JWB
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 04:51:29 PM »
No I wouldnt feed it. Id also call JWB and inform them, they might send you some  :-\

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »
but it is the only thing he will eat, I have nout else, hubby has the car and not home till after the shops shut  >:(

I have some puppy left I suppose

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »
I'd give him the puppy stuff it wont hurt or rice and chicken until you can get in date stuff.. I wouldn't feed him the out of date food.

Hannah xx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
Why dont you give JWB a call and ask them  :-\ I wouldnt feed out of date food to any of mine, thats naughty them selling you that, they obviously dont check their stock  >:(

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »
I have just called back the owner of the kennels, she apologised and said she would replace is tomorrow with a new bag, and said she would be talking to JWB as she said the dates should be longer as she has new stock every week!!!!!!!!!

I have mailed JWB for thier advice

The woman at the kennels said it would be fine to feed hi it tonight and she is happy to give me a new bag tomorrow.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »
It probably isn't at its freshest but like most sell by dates there is some lee-way, and if you've been giving it to him for the last week without any adverse effects I wouldn't think one more meal is going to hurt.

When I took advantage of a buy one get one free offer on Florence's food recently I checked the dates on the 4 bags (Apr 2009). I think its all to easy for them to fill up the shelves without rotating the stock. :dunno:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:07 PM »
I don't think it will do any harm.

To be honest, I really don't see the point in sell by dates on dry food anyway. It can only go a bit stale, it can't really go off, can it?

Cazzie

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:59:32 PM »
I don't think it will do any harm.

To be honest, I really don't see the point in sell by dates on dry food anyway. It can only go a bit stale, it can't really go off, can it?

It has to do with the nutrients quality  :D There really is no need to feed a dog out of date kibble as if it wasnt a problem then it wouldnt have a shelf life. Most foods have around a years life, so buying a bag thats out of date is not acceptable in my eyes  :-\

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
well he ate it tonight, but what is left of the bag is going back in the morning, and she is replacing the bag! 

I could have got through the whole bag and not noticed, he seems happy.

Anyway, all sorted, goes back in the morning, and nice new full bag will be replacing it

The lady felt very bad about it all.

No harm done I suppose

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

Burns kibble can go rancid because it has no fat emulsifiers (additives) in it.....don't know about other kibbles though  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club