Author Topic: JWB Junior  (Read 1512 times)

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
JWB Junior
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:32:41 AM »
hi

I have now got a bag of JWB junior as Barney is approaching 6 months, and thought thiss morning would be a good idea to start mixing it with his puppy JWB, when I looked on the side for feeding guidance it starts at 12kilos!!!!!!  Barney is only just over 8kilos. 

Do I just guess how much to give him?

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: JWB Junior
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
The weight on the JWB refers to their expected adult weight (very useful when you hear quite how varied cocker sizes are!!!)  :D

We've been working on the 14kg.....
TBH Honey doesn't actually eat anywhere near as much as she should, but she never has done, and seems to be doing fine. 
 :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
Skye is on JWB Juinor(11 months) and only eats about 2 small handfuls of it twice a day.  She also can't finish a jumbone!  But she is a healthy, happy girl who is doing really well, so I wouldn't worry about it.  :D
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »

Honey's always been a small eater - I think she eats about half the recommended amount, but certainly isn't underweight, and is healthy and happy!  We have found that she prefers to work for her food - either searching the garden for a scatter feed, or training etc - in fact she will turn away from her meal to play with her treat ball if we have forgotten to pick it up (same stuff in the ball as in the bowl!!!).

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
maybe I did not explain myself very well, my question is how much to give? 

The packet guide lines start at 12 kilo dog,  Barney is only 8 kilos, so was wondering how much to give???

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:16:34 PM »
Poppy is about 9 kilos (8 months) and we give her about 225g per day in 2 lots morning and afternoon.  She seems to be doing well on this! (its basically about a large mug full split into two halfs if that helps!)

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
Thanks Amanda, that helps LOADS

I will see how that goes   :D :D

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »

That's about what Honey is eating (she's just about 10kg).
Sorry, my inital responce was supposed to direct you to follow the advice for the 14kg dog as a starter - the weight given is adult weight, not current weight....

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
Aha,   I get you, but not much help really when you have no idea what their adult weight is going to be   ::)

Hey ho, I will just keep putting it down and I am sure he will keep eating it LOL

put down 125g tonight and he scoffed the lot  :005:

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:19:51 PM »
Aha,   I get you, but not much help really when you have no idea what their adult weight is going to be   ::)

Yes - I guess most breeds don't vary in size quite so much as these Cockers seem to!!!
I guess it really is just trial and error looking at their appetite and the physical signs of being the correct weight (or not!!!!).

On a related note, we have just phased out lunch, and it seems to have resulted in her eating her other meals far better!!!  :D

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
The weight on the JWB refers to their expected adult weight (very useful when you hear quite how varied cocker sizes are!!!)  :D

We've been working on the 14kg.....
TBH Honey doesn't actually eat anywhere near as much as she should, but she never has done, and seems to be doing fine. 
 :luv:

Same with bailey.  I literally fill his small bowl whenever it's empty but he will only eat when he's hungry.  He's a grazer and hes doing fine that way

Offline fudges mum

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 09:51:45 AM »
hi, on my bag of jwb( in small writing at the bottom) i found it said to give 20g per kilo of dog, fudge is only 8 kg and has 160g a day. hope this helps.

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
Thanks, I saw that myself yesterday after reading the whole packet.  Barney is having about 250g a day, and last time he has weighed he was 8 kilos,but that was 3 weeks ago, will have to weigh him this weekend   :D

if he lives that long............  keeps trashing my garden   :005: :005: