Author Topic: Landywoods order! WOW!  (Read 651 times)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Landywoods order! WOW!
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »
We made our first Landywoods order a couple of weeks ago.  Up to now we've just been getting BARF from a local chicken supplier and supermarkets etc.

Those of you that don't know, Landywoods have a minimum order of £30, by the time I'd ordered everything I wanted it was just over £30 anyway and I didn't seem to have ordered that much.

Well it arrived yesterday.  OH rang to say it wouldn't all fit in our chest freezer.  Typical John I thought, can't pack anything to save his life! So I left work early to sort it out.  Well there was no way anymore of it was going in the chest freezer!  I managed to get a bit more in the "human food" freezer in the kitchen and I had to take the rest to my mum and dads!  Still couldn't fit it all in so we have 3kg of food in the fridge which they should get through in 3 days so it should be ok!  Good job we have 4 dogs (1 being a great dane) to get through it!  I don't think we'll need to stock up for a while that's for sure!

If you don't have a chest freezer don't order from landywoods!  :005:

Impressed with the service though!  :shades:  And you certainly get a lot for your money!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Landywoods order! WOW!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:52:39 AM »
We've got two freezers.  :005:  A chest freezer for the bags of bones and a 5 drawer freezer for the mince. I order about £90 at a time and it lasts about three months.  :D Saves on the delivery charges then.  :P

A word of warning if you bought bags of mince: they weigh more than they say they do, so you may inadvertently overfeed the dogs.  ph34r   

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »
We've got two freezers.  :005:  A chest freezer for the bags of bones and a 5 drawer freezer for the mince. I order about £90 at a time and it lasts about three months.  :D Saves on the delivery charges then.  :P

A word of warning if you bought bags of mince: they weigh more than they say they do, so you may inadvertently overfeed the dogs.  ph34r   

Yes I noticed that about the mince, 2 bags wouldn't fit, and considering they're meant to weight 454g each the 2 bags weighed well over a kilo!  But what can you do?!  Can't re-freeze it and it's a solid block so can't just take out what you need like with PAH bags of mince!

The cat's will have to eat the left overs!  We need about 850g to feed all four each sitting so there'll be a nice portion for the cats!  In future I think I'll get one landywoods mince pack out and top up what I need with PAH mince!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »
I keep my leftovers (now I realise I have some  :doh: ) in a tupperware tub in the fridge and it keeps until the next day. So three bags usually feeds them for four days.  :D

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
I was at work when our first order came so left OH to it, we had bought a new chest freezer in anticipation, but could not believe the amount of meat we got for £48.000 :o  I was surprised and pleased that they rang me a couple of days ago to see if I had an order for this months delivery. They have certainly come up trumps, and Ollie is a very happy doggie. 
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010