Author Topic: Should i cut down to two meals  (Read 430 times)

Offline karendorman13

Should i cut down to two meals
« on: October 14, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
Kol is 4 months old is on 3 meals a day but recently he is not bothering with his mid day meal. I was wondering if i should just stop giving him this and just let him have the 2 a day which i know he will eat. I am throwing away so much dog food and he is not looking for any extra food, the only thing he gets extra is either pizzle, tripe stick or a cows ears  :dunno:

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
Re: Should i cut down to two meals
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
Seems a bit young to me to be going onto two meals a day, the normal time for this is about 6 months, but if he's not eating it at all then it's probably not worth giving it to him, just make sure he gets the full daily amount split into two meals rather than 3.

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
That is what i was going to do. I thought it was his teeth at first but i soaked his kibble until it was really soft and have even tried just giving him natures diet on its own and i have even put it in the microwave to make it softer but i still have had no joy, he just does not seem hungry at lunch time anymore I have even tried feeding him breakfast earlier hoping he would be hungrier at 1 o'clock but he still leaves his lunch

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »
That is what i was going to do. I thought it was his teeth at first but i soaked his kibble until it was really soft and have even tried just giving him natures diet on its own and i have even put it in the microwave to make it softer but i still have had no joy, he just does not seem hungry at lunch time anymore I have even tried feeding him breakfast earlier hoping he would be hungrier at 1 o'clock but he still leaves his lunch

In that case you need to do what you feel is right both for you and Kol.

Offline only1cliff

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
We started to cut his middle feed down from 4 months, at 5 months Loki was only on 2 meals a day, with maybe a kong with some of his food in if we go out