Author Topic: animal friends and external lab fees  (Read 4496 times)

Offline hblower

• Site Member
animal friends and external lab fees
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
has anyone else had any experience of animal friends not paying external lab fees.  We have just put our first claim in and our vet sends orins urine away for culture for infection twice.  Animal friends on the claim have said they will pay external lab fees and interpretation plus £20 postage.  Now on the pay out letter they say they are not paying 2x86.94 for external fees please see policy wording. 

Having scoured the policy there is nothing in the policy which says they don't pay them or that there is a limit etc but when I have just ring them the customer claims lady says there is an internal limit they will pay up to and they don't publish it as it changes and is the national average for external fees but she cant tell me what it is and it isn't written down as it changes.

surely they cant do this if it is nto in writing up front.  I have asked her to call me back once she looked into it and also asked vet for copy of cliam as they submitted it.  vet says nothing excessive in claim and its just a urine culture.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: animal friends and external lab fees
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »
I think that Bob of BobDot might...........both his dogs are with them and I know he has had claims.

While I am with them I have not claimed, although got a letter last week saying an increase was coming due to tax rise!

If you actually have proof that they will pay lab fees and postage, I would challenge them strongly and tell them you intend to take it further etc.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline hblower

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
the lady I spoke to over the phone confirmed that they do pay external lab fees but there is a cap on them and they will only pay £20 postage.  That's fine I appreciate there is a cap but when I have looked at the vets bill they haven't paid any and the amount they say they WONT pay doesn't even equal what the lab fees are, it is more.  The lab fees and postage and interpretation come to £83.46 each case and they say they wont pay 2x£86.94 for excess lab fee costs etc.

I am currently waiting for them to ring me back but will chase them if I haven't heard back by tomorrow afternoon. While £178 might not be much to them it is to me.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:16:24 AM »
I think that Bob of BobDot might...........both his dogs are with them and I know he has had claims.

While I am with them I have not claimed, although got a letter last week saying an increase was coming due to tax rise!

If you actually have proof that they will pay lab fees and postage, I would challenge them strongly and tell them you intend to take it further etc.

Lab fees have been claimed for twice as part of larger bills for treatment and the full amount claimed was paid within a few days without question.

Bob.

Offline hblower

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
ITs ok i spoek to them again and they have paid it but they only pay £20 towards postage so as I had 2 sampels sent off 3 weeks apart totally $43. in each case instead of deducting £20 from each £43 they took the £43 and quadrupled it and said we not paying.  All sorted now.  I also have had my renewal and given my claim of £800 and they know he has diabetes which will be ongoing indef now his premium has gone up £4 a month so I am really pleased.