Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3063 times)

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Insurance
« on: March 02, 2005, 05:11:08 PM »
We pick our puppy in 5 weeks and want to insure her as having had animals of some description for most of my adult life I am well aware of the costs of trips to the vet. Can anyone recommend any one in particular?

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:38:52 PM »
Lots of different insurance companies are quite good and you will probably hear lots of different views.  Just make sure that the company that you go with insure the pet for life for an illness.  Otherwise if your dog gets an ongoing problem, be it skin, heart etc alot of insurance companies will cover for the first year and then you will be excluded!  Petplan are one of the companies who insure for life but there are more if you shop around.
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 01:12:05 AM »
Hi LoveCatz,
This topic has been discussed many times before - and again quite recently in fact.  Just do a search for the topic and you will find all of the information you require  :D

Louise
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Jo & Dennis

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 11:14:18 AM »
We went with Saga they do a really good cover and will cover a condition for life so long as you keep up the renewals which some companies don't offer - only draw back is you have to be 50 (ouch!) to be able to use Saga.

Jo
Holly's Mum & Dad

Penel

Insurance
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »
I have all of mine insured, two with Petplan and two with Direct Line Advanced - both excellent policies - with the latter being about half the price of the former !
Penel

Offline Juel

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:29:08 PM »
Marks & Spencers also offer a very  good policy & you can opt for zero excess for an extra couple of pence......excellent i think!!

luv
juels xxx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Insurance
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 03:28:58 PM »
:P we went for Lloyds Tsb :P
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Insurance
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 08:35:25 PM »
Lots of different insurance companies are quite good and you will probably hear lots of different views.  Just make sure that the company that you go with insure the pet for life for an illness.  Otherwise if your dog gets an ongoing problem, be it skin, heart etc alot of insurance companies will cover for the first year and then you will be excluded!  Petplan are one of the companies who insure for life but there are more if you shop around.
[snapback]103378[/snapback]

Good advice Lindsey,

My mum recommends Petplan to all our 'puppys parents,' as they cover you for the life of the illness.

Chelsea.

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Insurance
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 08:53:43 PM »
We're with Petplan and have no hesitation in recommending them - they've been good to us so far :)
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 11:04:47 AM »
Thanks for all your answers. I didn't realise it had been discussed recently so I will do a search when I get home (I'm at work now - shhh!)