Author Topic: Took Odie to kennels this morning.....  (Read 831 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Took Odie to kennels this morning.....
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
Well, I dropped Odie off to the kennels where he will spend 10 days whilst we go to Cyprus for our hols.  I've been feeling sick for the last day just thinking about it (it's his 1st time away from me for longer than 3 hours ph34r) but he went in OK after giving the little Yorkie across from him a huge cocker kiss :luv:  The girl said there was another cocker due in tomorrow who is very friendly so she will let them play/be exercised together.  Hopefully he won't miss me as much as I'm going to miss him!  Lesley  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: Took Odie to kennels this morning.....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
Aw Lesley i am sure he will be fine, go and have a lovely holiday and try not to dwell too much on him, he will be fed watered and excersied and have friends to play with what more could he want :luv: tke lots of pics :luv: lynnx

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:29:28 PM »
Big Hugs Lesley- I was ill with worry first time I had to leave fred and it almost ruined our trip away- thankfully the OH gave me a kick up the rear to sort me out.  Fred loves going on his holibobs now and I love the welcome I get when i get home.  Have a fab time in Cyprus
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
Thanks Lynn and Lisa :luv:  My OH thinks I'm silly to worry so much but I knew you guys would understand :lol2:  Lesley x
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline cockerlover1

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
I'm sure he will be fine and i'm sure the kennels he is in he will be well looked after well  ;) 

I am also due to go on holiday soon and Max is booked into the local kennels but its a good job I know the owners and they give me discounts and I know they will spoil him a little  :luv:  :005: :005:

Offline rouge coco

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
Aaah... Try to enjoy your holiday and look forward to the huge cocker welcome you will get when you come back! Im not one to talk as i was a complete wreck leaving rouge with petsitters but we both survived and rouge probably had a better time than me!! Take care.

Offline burnysbird

• Born 07/05/2010
    • Zoom Click Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:32 PM »
I'm sure he will have a great holiday so make sure you do too x

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »
Awww Lesley  :bigarmhug:'s for you, I can imagine just how you're feeling.  I'm sure Odie will have a lovely time, making lots of new friends and wrapping everyone there round his little paw toes!   Have a lovely holiday and try not to worry.
Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Mrs B

• Butter wouldn't melt!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
I cried the first time I left Cinders when we were going on holiday (in this country).  Luckily for her she was being left a home with Mother-in-Law, so there shouldn't have been much change to her routine!  I had to sit in the car for at least an hour with my sunglasses on and not really speaking because I was too upset!!!  How do you explain that to two step kids who are mega excited about going on their jolly hols!!!!

Hubby and I are going to Turkey in a few weeks (just for a week) and MIL is coming again to dog sit.  Let's hope I am a lot better this time round!!!

Enjoy your hols!!!!!!!!!

Mrs B & Cinders x x x
Mrs B & Cinders xx