Author Topic: plant eaten  (Read 843 times)

Offline deane9050

• haaa heaven
plant eaten
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »
hi everybody my wife and i are a little concerned with the plants and roots our boys are eaten.there are 9 weeks old .we ve tried them with lots of play things but they get diverted to the twigs shrubs and roots .we dont care about the plants we are just concerned with harry and billys health there get treats when there do good so we dont think its hunger just chewing .there are keeping the weeds down lol.the garden is large and they have the full run if they wish but they head for the same spots ie roots and shrubs any help would be appreciated

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: plant eaten
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
It sounds like typical cocker behaviour, if you are worried put into google plants that are poisonous to dogs.  You are very brave having 2 at the same time. Some pics would be nice!!!!! ;)

Offline deane9050

• haaa heaven
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »
It sounds like typical cocker behaviour, if you are worried put into google plants that are poisonous to dogs.  You are very brave having 2 at the same time. Some pics would be nice!!!!! ;)
thankyou we put pics on photos puppies under harry and billy.there will be more on the way.there are adorable and already bonded which isnt always a good thing .we seperate them for 10 min just to try and get some basic training under way but when they are in the garden together they are horrors!!lol thanyou for your post

Offline sarahmaie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
Mine is almost 11 weeks and has been chewing sticks and plants and digging the moss up out of the lawn  >:D  ph34r. I watched her like a hawk and stopped her everytime when she first came home but now after three days now I have given up!  :P She has been fine health and tummy-wise and I think she has tried almost every variety of plant in the garden now and has had no effects. The only thing I panic about is the slugs and snails.....these are very bad for them  :-\
Sarah, owned by Sadie xxx

Offline deane9050

• haaa heaven
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »
Mine is almost 11 weeks and has been chewing sticks and plants and digging the moss up out of the lawn  >:D  ph34r. I watched her like a hawk and stopped her everytime when she first came home but now after three days now I have given up!  :P She has been fine health and tummy-wise and I think she has tried almost every variety of plant in the garden now and has had no effects. The only thing I panic about is the slugs and snails.....these are very bad for them  :-\
soz for late reply yes we have given up 2 its just impossible as for the snails we do get a lot ofg them and have had meds to p[revent lungworm hopefully i can catch them b4 there eat them there eat everything else lol

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
My two sister pups  are now 6 months old but have spent all summer digging up the garden , chewing twigs, leaves, bulbs and plant leaves, initially I was worried sick about them eating the wrong things, but (touch wood) at the moment they are fit and healthy, we did fence in an area close to the house for when we are unable to keep an eye on them,  so they can go out onto a flagged area and not chew anything , this area as a been a boon and is ideal if too busy to keep a close eye on them