Author Topic: Cat poo problems  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Striker4912

Cat poo problems
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »
Has anybody got any good tips for stopping cats pooing in your garden. Every time I let my cocker in the garden he runs to the cat poo and eats it resulting in him having a poorly tummy but he can't get enough of it 😞 I would like to find something effective that also won't harm striker (the cocker).

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: Cat poo problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »
Watching with interest we have the same issue  :D

Offline Toofast

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:44:34 PM »
Maybe buy a live trap, catch the cat and take it for a very long drive and let it go elsewhere!!!!!  Filthy shitty things !!
 Our dogs love the stuff too!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:14:12 PM »
Buy a live trap, catch the cat and take it for a very long drive and let it go elsewhere!!!!!  Filthy shitty things !! Our dogs love the stuf too!!

Charming!!...
or you could have a look round the garden before letting the dog out and clear it up? I have to do this with Branston or he will eat Minstrel poo, with the same results  :020:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
Maybe buy a live trap, catch the cat and take it for a very long drive and let it go elsewhere!!!!!  Filthy shitty things !!

Hummm  >:(. Not a course of action that I would expect to be suggested on here…..And not a smiley in sight.

Bob.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
Oh I dear not cats again - dread the subject :005:

Last time we were on the subject of cats in gardens a COLer mentioned getting a couple of plastic/rubber type toy snakes, and moving them in different areas as the cats wont come in garden.
Will try and find the post.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
found it quote from Julie 1
A tip that works;-

If you do not want the cats to use your garden as a toilet  >:(.............buy a couple of children's lifelike rubber snakes & put them in your garden , moving occasionaly, if you have a very large garden you may need more.    You don't need to leave them down forever but keep them in case a new cat comes to live in your area, the cats will still pass through your garden but not defecate.   ;)
Report to moderator     Logged
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »

Not even remotely funny, as you will read on the other thread re cat poo, those of us who have lost cats over the years would find this a bit close to home and upsetting.

I agree it is a problem, it drives me mad as both my boys eat poo and we have three cats next door, I was going to try the snake idea having tried everything else, but so far not managed to source a snake but still looking.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
One of our neighbours has had some success with large plastic lemonade bottles filled with water and laid around the garden. I think the theory is that they give a magnified reflected image of the cat which they don't like.

Don't really know how effective it'll be but at least it's free to try, causes no injury to the cat, and achieves a degree of recycling  :005:

Bob.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 08:05:18 AM »

Toofast

This sort of comment is not something that is acceptable on here.  This is a forum for people who love animals and not just dogs. Many of us have cats as well as dogs and even if people don't, this sort of suggestion is abhorrent and not in the least bit funny to any self respecting animal lover.   Anyone suggesting harming any animal in this way will not be tolerated.  I suggest a prompt retraction and apology  :shades:
Julie and Watson

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
Thanks for your comment Joules, i am sure there ae other people on here who find these sort of comments upsetting. i still miss my cat who was put to sleep and grieve for her. i love my pepper of course, but i loved her as well.  you know when i go for walks there is lots of dog poo around where people so not pick up, so it's an issue for all animals. Anyway i am sure the comment by Toogood is not generally shared  and for that i am very glad .

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
Thank you Joules.....

Just to say e bay have lots of  rubber snakes - stomach churned just looking at them :005:

Not sure I would place them in my garden - they look so realistic think they would scare me and Ollie away.

Julie

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
Thank you Joules  :clapping:….My thoughts exactly.

Bob.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 03:32:05 PM »
Well said Joules, I don't have cats myself, but lots of peeps, on & off forum do and there was no real need for such a post.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »
Getting back to the post and not wanting to harm the cats as have two myself - I've told my neighbours to buy one of those water guns and spray it in the cats general direction if they see them in their garden. Mine hate water and it does them no harm, just makes them think twice about going into that particular garden. 
Failing that I've heard lion poo is a good deterent - tho knowing cockers they would love that lol...
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown