Author Topic: Cat poo problems  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Cat poo problems
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »
Getting back to the post and not wanting to harm the cats as have two myself - I've told my neighbours to buy one of those water guns and spray it in the cats general direction if they see them in their garden. Mine hate water and it does them no harm, just makes them think twice about going into that particular garden. 
Failing that I've heard lion poo is a good deterent - tho knowing cockers they would love that lol...

Two cats here as well, Lisa - one has been known to come home drenched, tbh it's the cats fault for not running away quickly enough  :005:

I did consider purchasing some fake snakes but now I have Coral I'm pretty sure they would all end up in her bed....and the cats outside as they seem to spend most of their time just now  ;)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 06:23:06 PM »
I know mine poo in their own garden as no other cats come in anyway - unfortunately it also means when the cats come in the house the dogs know this means cat treats ;)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
Know the plastic snakes on e bay ..................put no idea about the lion poo :005:

Seconds thoughts ..were going to the zoo zoo zoo how about you you you.......it's this heat it's making me wacky :D

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:17:20 PM »
Failing that I've heard lion poo is a good deterent - tho knowing cockers they would love that lol...

My apologies Maggie.

I read your post and thought "Lion poo  :fear2: you must be joking".

Then I found that lion poo is available at £25 for 2 kilos on Amazon  :doh:  :005:

Bob.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
I'd also like to add that the dogs do a better job of digging up my once lovely garden than the cats do ;)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:11 PM »
We tried lion poo, the dogs thought it was a real delicacy, they rolled in it first then ate it  :005: it wasn't around long enough to see if it worked for the cats

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »

My apologies Maggie.

I read your post and thought "Lion poo  :fear2: you must be joking".

Then I found that lion poo is available at £25 for 2 kilos on Amazon  :doh:  :005:

Bob.

Crikey!! fancy having that delivered - hope it comes bagged  :o
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:20 PM »
At that price I can imagine a few COL meet ups at the various safari parks.

The cockers can form a cordon to keep the lions at bay while their owners go to it with buckets and shovels  ;)

Bob.

Offline Sweepy

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »
My garden used to be covered in cat poo. I solved it by getting a dog. They sometimes pass through but they don't linger any more. :D

Offline tenaille

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
At that price I can imagine a few COL meet ups at the various safari parks.
The cockers can form a cordon to keep the lions at bay while their owners go to it with buckets and shovels  ;)
Bob.

haha, what an image that creates. 

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »
Thank you Joules.....

Just to say e bay have lots of  rubber snakes - stomach churned just looking at them :005:

Not sure I would place them in my garden - they look so realistic think they would scare me and Ollie away.

Julie

It was me who posted about toy snakes.......I bought them from DOMINO's (toy shop not pizza) in Leicester many years ago, I still use them now and again.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
There is plants called, Curry Plant - Helichrysum augustfolium or italicum, Scaredy cat plant - Plectranthus caninus (coleus canina) cats don't like the smell of these so no harm to them, might be useful!

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »
Not a method to stop cats coming into the garden but I have a way to deter our canine friends snaffling the delicacies ph34r which cats leave behind. Before letting the dog out go into the garden with a bottle of tabasco sauce, find the offending truffles (poop) and liberally cover in tabasco sauce. Dogs soon learn not to eat them. It took about 3 treated lumps and my boy has never touched cat poo sinceand that was nearly eight years ago. 

Offline pinkmarshmallow

• Benji and Snoopy!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
I spread cayenne pepper on areas of where cat poo has been (after I've picked it up first)  >:(.  My little monster runs a mile if he sees I've got cayenne on my fingers!  The 4 cats next door appear to be getting the message after 9 months but unfortunately can't spread cayenne pepper on fox poo on our walks  >:D. If only ...

Offline Sweepy

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 07:07:14 AM »
I used to have a terrible problem with cat poo, then I got sweep and after the first year I've never seen any since. They don't tend to hang around in the garden anymore as he likes to chase them.  They get a,fair head start as he barks his head off first and I've made sure there's plenty of places for them to get out where he can't follow.  He caught up with a hare once, the hare sat down, then so did sweep. I think the cats are safe!  Didn't know about snakes but it could be true, we do get them in the garden too.