Author Topic: Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference !  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Ernies mum

we live in the countryside and have beautiful walks around us . The farmers often " rotate " the sheep in different fields along the footpaths so when the fields are empty it's great to let ernie run off the lead . only problem has been that he loves to " Hoover up " sheep poo which then makes him poorly . It had even got to the stage that if we walked through a field that had previously been occupied with sheep even if he was on the lead he still managed to eat sheep poo unless I gave him a ball to carry .

This evening I took him up to the woodlands and the bottom field was empty , I decided to try him off the lead .... Much to my amazement he didn't eat one piece of sheep poo . it may sound ridiculous but it made the walk so much more pleasant  :luv:

It really is the little things that make all the difference  :005: !!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference !
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »

Sounds great!!

The  point where our "leave it" worked against eating horse poo was definately a celebrated achievement!!!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »
Yep, I can understand how that would make your walks much more enjoyable  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
Agreed!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »
Yep have to agree there, every little bit of progress is worth celebrating  :clapping:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Well done Ernie.....
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Thanks everyone , we've been back to the same place today . I Wanted to double check that yesterday's non sheep poo eating wasn't a fluke  :005:. I'm very pleased to report it wasn't and once again ernie ignored it ... I was so thrilled I could have cart wheeled around the field lol !!
And to really top it off ernie jumped straight into the back of the Landrover after the walk which I've been trying to get him to do for months . He's earned some serious brownie points  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »
Thanks everyone , we've been back to the same place today . I Wanted to double check that yesterday's non sheep poo eating wasn't a fluke  :005:. I'm very pleased to report it wasn't and once again ernie ignored it ... I was so thrilled I could have cart wheeled around the field lol !!
And to really top it off ernie jumped straight into the back of the Landrover after the walk which I've been trying to get him to do for months . He's earned some serious brownie points  :luv:

dib dib dib  :banana: :banana:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 02:13:02 AM »
I can often get Wilf to pee on the object he's about to roll in - well he used to have a big roll in fox poo then pee on it (no doubt to mark it as his) - so now when I can see he's about to roll in something smelly I just shout 'bloody well pee on it' and he does LOL - not sure what people around me think at the time LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline nigec

• Henry
    • 3d stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:08 AM »
We have builders at the moment and Henry claimed everything, with in a minute he pee'd on every scaffolding pole, he even wanted the generator which took some convincing he really didn't need it :005:
He's not rolled in anything yet, but cat poo is his annoying vice and usually makes him ill.. worst thing is he picks up and carries stuff if he knows he's not supposed to have it, his all time record is 2 hours carrying a piece of French toast, he put it down for half an hour then carried on but I had to take it off him because he was getting bit territorial over it