Author Topic: Whats wrong!!  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
Re: Whats wrong!!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »
Just to update on this problem of my PC...

PC World where we purchased  has almost admitted they were in the wrong they took it in on Monday to do a free dianostic test on it and said they would ring us next day to let us know the problem ....never heard from them..OH rang on Wednesday they said it was being worked on will ring tomorrow...never heard from them..OH rang on Thursday same story...and we never heard from them.. Yesterday (Saturday) we went into PC World to find out what was going on ...a very nice man said "have they not rung you as they should have it was mentioned to ring you on the notes"...anyway they think it's the motherboard and have ordered one and will ring when they have fitted it  :-\ ...no mention of costs and he said as it was reported with a fault before the warrentry ran out we should be covered...he said it will be a couple of days before it's ready...we are a bit confused as we haven't asked them to repair it at this stage ...only argued that there was a problem before the warrentry ran out.....Does this sound like they've admitted they were wrong or are we going to be presented with a hefty bill ? :-\.
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 10:27:23 AM »
It sounds to me like they have admitted it was broken within the warrenty, if they try and charge you  just tell them you never asked for it to be repaired and understood that it was being done under the warrenty.

Then ask for the PC as it was complete with broken motherboard then tell them your going home and printing off the small claims forms off the internet and to expect contact from the courts shortly.

If they are charging you to fix a motherboard its going to be expensive and you could prob get a pc from dell for what there going to try and charge you..

My Rant over  :lol: :lol: Hate Pc World - Can you tell  :005: :005:
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »
My Rant over  :lol: :lol: Hate Pc World - Can you tell  :005: :005:

:lol: :lol:Gone off of them too >:(

Will let you know what happens when we hear from them ;)

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 01:33:44 PM »
Update again.....

Since our last post PC World rang on the Thurs before Easter saying they could not repair it without us paying as the warranty ran out even though the problems started before and that it was a matter for HO we rang HO that day and asked to be put through to their Customers Relations Office and they refused saying it had to be done in writing and that we never had a claim anyway as the problems  before the Warranty ran out was software..even though we kept saying "how do you know it was software when no one looked at the machine".... anyway with that we rang Consumers Direct who thought we had a case and gave us a case no. also downloaded a template ... we wrote to the MD at PC World about our grievances and for them to reply within 7 days ....

Well result....we heard back from PC World yesterday 5 days after sending our letter...
They apologised stating they were concerned we were not happy with the service received and they were disapointed in learning of instances where their customers feel this, and that unexpected failures do occur and regret this has been our experience....they go on to add....
However in view of the circumstances, arrangements have been made for an engineer to fit the new motherboard and will be in contact with us to make arrangements for collection of our PC.

It finishes with...
Please accept my apologies, on behalf of PC World, for any disappointment experienced. I trust that I have re-assured you of our commitment to customer service.
Yours Sincerely
From the Managing Director.

Sorry to go on a bit about our problem....But I hope it my help someone else who may have a similar problem not just with a PC anything ... goes to show if you stand you ground you do get results just go to the top man ..... ;)

Thanks Jim and Kate for your help and also thanks to Cathy who made me think..no this is not right go to the MD.... :blink:
So pleased with this result I have missed my PC sooo much cant wait for it to be home safe and sound...... :blink:

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »
Lyn,

I am so glad You got it resolved.

Its amazing how sometimes things change so quickly when you involve the higher people.  Most of the time, they never get to see the letter, but the people that can make the decisions, don't want it to get that far to be told off by them for letting something so 'small' even still be ongoing.

I would be distraught without my Laptop. The screen is broken, and I have it connected to a Monitor. My next will be a Dell.

Well Done you !!

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »
Well done.

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
Just had the call from PC World...WOW... :D

Rang OH and he's picking it up on the way home.....sooo excited.. :D it's been so awkward the last few weeks as I could only snatch a few times on OH's laptop as he uses it for work and our old PC wouldn't support broadband.....

I wonder if we hadn't rang Consumers Direct and logged our case whether we would have had the same result....wish we had done from the start....

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »
well done.