Author Topic: Horgan Harness  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Horgan Harness
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »
Was talking to someone today and she told me she has ordered a Horgan Harness for her dog (a Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen).  Apparently, despite trying everything, she spins around non-stop when on the lead and pulls like mad, which makes walking her a nightmare.  These harnesses come from the US and, apparently were designed by a vet - neither of these facts would reccommend it to me though!  :005:  The harness fits around the back legs - looks like this:

http://www.horganharness.com/the-horgan-harness-a-no-pull-back-leg-dog-harness/

I must admit I had never heard of these harnesses and, looking at it, don't like the idea of it very much - surely it must make it difficult for the dog to walk normally :dunno:

Anyone know anything about them or have any experience?  Just curious to find out about it.
Julie and Watson

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Horgan Harness
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:36:50 PM »
Looks most odd doesn't it, and very restrictive, couldn't imagine Minstrel keeping still for the time it would take to put on either.

Gets a thumbs down here
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
Looks bl***y barbaric to me. I can only imagine how terrified Louis would be if he pulled and found his collar tightening and his back legs pushed towards his front end (at least I think that's how it works) at the same time. I'm sure it would stop most dogs pulling after a few times because they'd be frightened >:(

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
Don't like the look of it at all and I can tell straight away that Brodie wouldn't either. She's very sensitive about her hind end, this would seriously freak her out :-\.

Surely it must put a lot of (unpleasant) pressure on the hind end?

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
Looks very uncomfortable around the back end to me. Wouldn't think many dogs could feel good with straps around both legs? Strange looking thing isn't it.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »
Omg that is awful but it would work, as he wouldnt pull at all, because he wouldnt budge an inch. Riley only just tolerates the back straps of his hurtta,.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:11:39 AM »
Don't like the look of it at all and I can tell straight away that Brodie wouldn't either. She's very sensitive about her hind end, this would seriously freak her out :-\.

I think the same, it looks most uncomfortable and unnatural  >:(  I really cannot see how it would do anything other than cause more problems :dunno:
Julie and Watson

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »

I think the same, it looks most uncomfortable and unnatural  >:(  I really cannot see how it would do anything other than cause more problems :dunno:
Hamish Would be the same as Brodie, absolutely hates anything near his back end and around his tail,He will now just about to let me remove twigs that might have got caught around his tail :fear2: like Joules says, it looks so uncomfortable and unnatural, totally barbaric to me >:(
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Panda

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
This has got mixed reviews on Amazon but I have to say more good than bad so I looked at YouTube and saw videos of dogs wearing this - no way are they walking normally - I agree with everyone else it looks awful - my 2 would refuse to budg e if I went anywhere near them with these.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
she should have spent her money on a decent trainer rather than this ridiculous "quick fix"  >:D

helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
she should have spent her money on a decent trainer rather than this ridiculous "quick fix"  >:D
That was the point I tried to make  :-\
Julie and Watson