Author Topic: Rescue cocker weeing a lot after spay  (Read 552 times)

Offline lozzyf

Rescue cocker weeing a lot after spay
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Hi
I have just picked up my new (3year) cocker from M.T. ,she's been spayed about a week I'm trying to house train her but have noticed she can "wee for England" not lots but often! . . I'm thinking Cystitus or just settling down after op?. . . She went thro last night no wees but today 8 or 9 throughout the day anyone had anything similar?

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
Re: Rescue cocker weeing a lot after spay
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:19:10 PM »
Could be a UTI, could be marking as she's in a new place or could be just getting back to normal after op. I'd get her checked at the vet in case it's a UTI and she's in any discomfort as a result. Pictures are mandatory here by the way  ;)  :005:

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »
There you go she's on my profile!!!

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:49 PM »
She's due at the vets on Monday and as she's not weeing thro the night I thought it would wait but just wanted to ask on here. M.T. Have said phone anytime but its like going to your own doctor , when you get in there you wonder why you made the appointment!!!!!

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
Aww she looks lovely!

It may be that she's just marking as she's in a new place, when we go on walks sometimes Daisy can wee four or five times when she doesn't go anywhere near as much during the day in the garden! If she's not in any obvious discomfort, then just bring it up on Monday, I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:54 PM »
Your little girl has gone quite a few changes recently, so maybe she is just reacting to that - could well be a little bit nervous, so unless things noticibly get worse, I would as the vet on MOnday.

I always find it is better to write these things down  -  too often I am on the bus home and remember I didn't ask such n such a thing.

What is your lovely girl's name?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »
We've called her Bella
  I called the rescue this morning as there  was blood in her urine and they are sending me antibiotics by first class post .she seems ok in herself tho so fingers crossed

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »
Aww congratulations on getting Bella - big pat on the back to you for taking her - she looks gorgeous - and welcome to COL!

Hope you manage to get her sorted out soon. Have you owned cockers before?

She is a very lucky girl coming to someone who cares so much about her well-being - you must do to join COL ;)
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »
Both of my rescues wee'd a bit in the house when they first came (Sapphie is from Many Tears), and they were both house trained already. But if she has blood in her urine she may well have a UTI, poor love.
She's beautiful!

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Yes I had a cocker that we just had put to sleep :'( . . . She was a rescue too and I couldn't do without one although I have another rescue (poodle,westie mix) . . He's a clown!!! Thick as two short planks but so cute!! . . There was a big " cocker hole" that I had to fill :D