Author Topic: Older dog now wants to sleep outside  (Read 973 times)

Offline cba

Older dog now wants to sleep outside
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:35:46 AM »
For the last few weeks Maya aged 12 has decided she wants to spend the night asleep outside.  She is deaf and I think maybe because of this she sleeps deeper and doesn’t wake til we wake her or a dog bang or a similar loud noise. We have a flap so she can get in and out.  We have a kennel out there which she has been sleeping in at night for the last few weeks and a doggie camp bed which we leave in the garden as she does like laying outside in the daytime anyway but has never done this at night.  Dusty her daughter has, last week, been diagnosed with diabetes and has always liked  to spend her daytimes outside sleeping in the kennel.  Because her insulin has her to be sorted and I am worried that she will be ill in the kennel and I won’t be able to get her out, we temporarily blocked the entrance to the kennel last night.  When we got up this morning Maya was on the camp bed fast asleep.  Any ideas why she might be doing this.  She had a carcinoma removed in January but this behaviour has only been for about four or so weeks.