Author Topic: Hot weather  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Ambler54

Hot weather
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:46:58 PM »
Rosie is so over this hot weather.....so am I......most days we are out crack of dawn for a walk and even then it is too humid for Her, really late walks are down by the river or beach but the days are long ( I wont go to the beach in the day when there are lots of families around, not fair on dog or children, As a mum I would be so cross when someone ‘let’ their dog wee or worse right where the children were digging in the sand).We do some inside games etc but She is bored and worse still putting on weight....so not only bored but cruel Mum has cut down on the food intake.....is it just Rosie or are others terrible in the heat, I had no idea the tongue could hangfrom the mouth so far in such a short time.....

Offline bmthmark

Re: Hot weather
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
Your post is exactly how I feel as well. I have to take Jett out first thing for a short walk and one in the evening. But even then its too much for him as he does struggle in the heat.
I take him down the river so he can have a swim, which he loves. He also loves the beach but its way too hot and busy in the day time.

I think both Jett and I miss the walks and I can see he is getting bored as he has started stealing more items at home and running off with them  :005:

So to answer your question - I agree  :lol:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »
Sorry, going to disagree here! The winter was so long, I spent too many weeks battling to and from work through deep snow to complain about lovely weather now 🌞

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 10:44:34 PM »
Sorry, going to disagree here! The winter was so long, I spent too many weeks battling to and from work through deep snow to complain about lovely weather now 🌞

Me too - am loving it apart from it could rain a little please for the wildlife's sake
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
I got rained on yesterday, when I got of the train, I was offended!  :005:

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:34 AM »
Love this weather, have got cooling vests for the dogs. No complaints from me 🌞
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »
When I woke this morning there it was RAIN and at 2.10 pm there is still rain although the constant drizzle is now heavy.....................bet the announce hose pipe ban tomorrow :rofl1:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
I’m not a sun lover at all so I was already not enjoying the current weather but to make things worse I’ve spent the last week in bed with flu. (Archie had to stay with my Mum.) Having a temperature in this heat is beyond a joke.  :012: :013: :013:

Offline pibbo1968

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »
Luckily for us the small pond/wood we walk Jura in is only 150m away so he can at least get walks in the shade.His tongue is out constantly and he's always in and out of the stream :shades:
I'm not great in the Sun so the shade is welcomed by me too :shades:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
I’m not a sun lover at all so I was already not enjoying the current weather but to make things worse I’ve spent the last week in bed with flu. (Archie had to stay with my Mum.) Having a temperature in this heat is beyond a joke.  :012: :013: :013:

I've had flu in the summer as well and yes you're right its awful and feels worse than in the winter - hope you get better soon
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 11:48:36 PM »
Milly gets her morning walk earlier than normal, about 6 o'clock while the sun's still low in the sky. Her evening walk is about 10 o'clock when it's getting cooler.

In between walks she prefers to lie outside in the shade between the house and garage where a bit of a breeze is generated between the two buildings. She's had her "Ventilation strip" clipped along her underside and, in the house, prefers to lie spreadeagled on the tiled hallway floor moving every now and again to find some cooler tiles.

Last week we had several hours of quite heavy rain which was most welcome for the garden and resulted in Milly galloping around the garden and rolling about on the yellow but soaking wet lawn  :005:

As I'm typing this we've had a massive crash of thunder that seemed right overhead and the rain's started to bucket down…..Magic  :lol:

Bob.