Author Topic: POOR THOMAS!  (Read 7436 times)

Offline michelle p

• Site Member
POOR THOMAS!
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »
Hi, this is my first post on here,though I have been reading topics for a while as I am adopting a cocker from the breed rescue.
After 4 weeks of waiting for Thomas to arrive Betty, the rescue representative, phoned me five minutes ago to tell me that he was in a terrible condition,coat wise, and that it is that bad he will have to be sedated to be trimmed, we talked it over and she is bringing him to meet me soon, and we have arranged to take him to the vets we both share, to have him trimmed.
She said he is a lovely little lad, even though shes surprised he can walk he`s that matted.Am gutted he`s in such a bad condition but I will do everything I can to make sure that he`s loved and made a fuss of by myself and my three daughters as soon as he`s over all of this.To think the woman who owned him had 5 dogs in her care, makes me shudder to think what state the others are in.  I will let you know how he gets on and hopefully post a pic (before and after) as soon as I can.
Thanks Michelle  :luv:

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
Re: POOR THOMAS!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:13:16 AM »
Michelle

Hello and welcome  :D. Im Caroline and owned by a 14 month old golden cocker called Hurley.

Congrats on taking on a Thomas..... by the sounds of things its a good job he found you!  :luv:  :luv:

I hope everything goes ok at the vets and look forward to seeing the pics of him soon

xxx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:18:40 AM »
hi michelle, welcome to col :D poor thomas he must be sooo uncomfortable bless him, i honestly don't know why people get dogs who need loads of grooming if they're not going to bother ph34r
well done for offering thomas a forever loving home.
we will all demand photos and maybe you could enter him in the photo comp here. even if he has all his coat taken off i'm sure he'll be very handsome and a worthy contestant :D
looking forward to hearing all about yourself and thomas when you finally get him home. this forum is a godsend for all cocker owners wether new to the breed or not.
i feel i should warn you that this place is very addictive and once you join, then things like housework go right out the window :005:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 11:31:30 AM »
Hello
Welcome 2 COL  :D

Good luck with Thomas  :blink: i to hope everything goes well at the vets cant wait to see some pics  :luv:

Sarah x

Offline michelle p

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »
Hi everyone thanks for the welcoming words, Thomas is here and he is such a sweet boy, his ears are absolutely matted they must weigh about a pound.  Also he is very overweight, but me and the kids will soon sort that out! He is booked into the vets tommorrow morning and they will have to knock him out to trim him ( i say trim but he will probably end up looking like a skinhead,poor thing).
Will keep you updated, I am just going to take some before pictures cause I am absolutely disgusted with the state of his ears, Betty said shed never ever had one in this state before, and the trust are picking up the vets bill, which is extremely good of them.
thanks michelle  :luv:

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:05:49 PM »
Welcome Michelle and poor Thomoas.  I hope all goes well at the vet's for him.  some people just dont care, how uncomfortable he must be carrying all the weight around with him.  You dont say how old Tohomas is.  I am owned by an 8y/o disabled working cocker Charlie and an 11y/o springer called belle.  Once things calm down I am sure Thomas will be a delight as all cockers are.     
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline michelle p

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Heres the first picture of Thomas, hes 3 years old! I forgot to say hes got the most beautiful eyelashes, had to bribe him with treats to take these pictures! We will post the after pictures either tomorrow or thursday dependin how he is.
Thanks, Michelle

Offline michelle p

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »
First of all well done for taking on a rescue, i'm sure he'll be a fantastic companion. :D

Secondly, he's gorgeous! That face. :luv: :luv: :luv: I can't wait to see what he'll look like under all that fluff!

Best of luck for him at the vets, and keep us posted on the lovely boy's progress. :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 12:53:40 PM »
omg he is sooo handsome. i cannot believe the state of the fur on his ears. poor lad must be feeling he's died and gone to heaven having such a wonderful new home. i can't wait to read of his progress.
by the way i love your avatar :D

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »
 ;) Hi Michelle and welcome to COL  :lol:

:luv: Thomas looks adorable, Congratulations!  :luv:
 What a shame he's been neglected coat wise for so long but at least that can be rectified, under all that fluff I bet he's going to be a lovely dog. :D

Well done for rescuing him  :luv:

Jann Flo and Harley  :-*

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:33 PM »
Michelle he is goreous.  What a lovley boy.  I hope you all have a wonderfull life togther once you get him sorted out and all that fluff is taken away.  Think of all the good times you will have as a family.   
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
Hello and welcome
Thomas is a honey, I hope all went well at the vets. Looking forward to seeing the after pictures.

Offline Harry Blue

• Site Member
  • I love my frisbee
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 03:06:05 PM »
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to COL - I can see why you gave a home to Thomas - he is absolutely gorgeous, :luv: he has beautiful eyes and just looks like he will love you back ten fold!

His poor ears! But even if he does have to go for the all over trim, his hair will grow back and it won't be long before he has a glossy coat again...cocker hair is like that - it just keeps growing and you will forever have your scissors out!!!

Good luck!!

Lucy & Harry.
Harry Blue - a legal alien in Boston...not happy about the waste of good tea....

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »
Welcome to COL Michelle and Thomas, and Congratulations on finding each other  :D

He looks absolutely beautiful  :luv:  I'm looking forward to seeing the "after" pics.  His ears must be so uncomfortable for him  :-\
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx