Author Topic: Anyone insured with petplan ?  (Read 7655 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Anyone insured with petplan ?
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
Healthy Pets are underwritten by AXA; the company underwriting several polices that have significantly increased premiums recently - so it is possible that they will also increase in price soon  ;)

It also has some very odd clauses in their policy compared to others I have read - for instance,

General Conditions

You must comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of Your Policy. If You do not comply We may at Our option cancel the Policy or refuse to deal with Your claim or reduce the amount of any claim payment.......

13.  Your Pet must not have previously displayed vicious or aggressive behaviour.

This worries me  :shades:  Vets often write assessments of the pets behaviour on the notes; and these can be shared with the insurance company   :-\

M&S asked me this question each time I took a new policy out

Really ?  :o  I've triple checked my M & S policy and it doesn't say it anywhere on my paperwork - which is just as well, because Molo has the words Snappy and Controlling written in his vet notes  ::)

I just thought it was standard to all policies tbh so didn't give it much thought. When I rang up to insure Jackson, they asked me about any aggressive tendencies and I shamefully said "erm, he's a rescue so don't know any of his background"  ph34r
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)