Author Topic: Cockers who would have them!!!!!!!  (Read 678 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
Cockers who would have them!!!!!!!
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:09:31 AM »
After reading the post  "Narrowly avoided most embarrassing vet trip" have to admit to having a good laugh thought I share a Christmas tail. Last year my mother made the Xmas cake as usual, Christmas eve cake left on side table (back of couch) door shut to lounge room, my father who has Alzheimer's must have got lost in the night trying to find the loo !!! next morning one or both dogs had enjoyed taking massive chunks out of the cake...... so filled them with charcoal tabs luckily both fine. This year son came home from work Christmas party had a few to drink, left the door open (after we were in bed, having shut all the doors). Woke to find they thought in was Christmas two days early and had opened or ripped up a four or more Christmas presents looking for food. Eventually they found the Christmas stockings (2)which were out of reach only left in the room as we had them packed ready to drive Christmas eve to daughters house.They consumed
2 timeout bars
1 1/2 picnic bars
1 1/2 boost bars
left the choc frogs

the lounge room looked like kids had opened presents paper choc wrappers floor sticky with choc and I found them in there beds looking like angles so I gave them breakfast as usual, so another Christmas with charcoal tabs for breakfast. We then had to drive 10 hours with them in the back less than 24hrs later .Next year all food will be kept locked away . I think they now know that Xmas tree means goodies. Bloody cocker's,  I'll end up having a heart attack worrying about them >:D >:(
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline BrianC

• Matilda
Re: Cockers who would have them!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »
When she was about six months old Matilda managed to knock a packet of paracetamol off the counter and quietly chew up half the packet, eating the pills in the process.

We don't drive, so it was the most frantic bus journey we've ever had, and then the vet had to give her an injection to make her vomit.

Saddest thing watching her vomit for about fifteen minutes, although the bit that really annoyed us was the vet commenting that she doesn't really crunch her kibble up that much. I remember she was so sleepy that night. Ended up taking her back for bloods the next day, and she was fine. Thank god for pet insurance.

Oh and the other time she managed to eat a pack of six white rolls without us realising she had even got into something. We only found out when we found her chewing the empty plastic packet! Even now when we're playing occasionally we'll just go "SIX ROLLS!" when she wants some thing we're eating.

Brian

Offline ginnygirl

• Bella
    • http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt207/ginnygirl_album/adc60ac1.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »
I was busy typing away at computer today, thinking what a good little girl Ginny is, when I heard her chewing something. The noise it made didn't sound familiar and on investigation discovered she had my debit card! :o I had paid for a purchase online and left it on the table, right next to me and didn't notice the sneak take it!!! I managed to rescue it before any damage done  ::)
Julie

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
Just think ginnygirl, you are considering having another  ;)
Twice the fun but they will conspire together to do even more mischief  :005:
I know, I have two little terrors (and am hoping to get another in the summer) ;)
So glad the debit card is intact, you can now buy Ginny something for playing on the computer instead of with her  :P
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline ginnygirl

• Bella
    • http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt207/ginnygirl_album/adc60ac1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
I must be mad wanting double trouble. She is checking out the table again; do you think she wants me to buy her something  :005:
Julie

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »
Annie is incredibly evious when it comes to food. A neigbour brought round some freshly cooked, still warm mince pies for us and we left them on the dining room table. We literally turned round to say goodbye to the neighbour and they'd gone  >:( We went out for a couple of hours just before Christmas and she opened all the presents that were under the tree - bye bye Christmas day surprises. As for the cat food - they are fed IAMs in a spare bedroom, and there is a stairgate between her and the room, but she seems to have learnt how to open it  >:( She is really well behaved when we are eating, but is very sneaky at snaffling unattended titbits.