Author Topic: Does your Cocker moult??  (Read 7683 times)

Offline maggieann

Re: Does your Cocker moult??
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
Torin is a show type with a very thick black coat and he sheds very little hair. :D
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Trev (solid gold) never seemed to loose hair but I do find a few of Dave's white from his blue roan coat around. Having said that.... I also find colourless fluff balls floating around the house regularly, did when I had Trev too so they've got to come from somewhere :lol: I think Normy does shed but not horribly so and Weimaraner hairs are a sort of transparent grey anyway so very hard to spot  :D

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline bernie

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
Ruby, my black and tan , does not seem to moult, but Ted who is an orange roan moults sooooo much, its hard to believe he has any fur left  ph34r ! We are constantly covered in his fur and always hoovering and sweeping it up.
Love Bernie, Ruby and Ted x

Offline Little-Miss-Molly

• Inactive
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
We have Molly and Poppy, Molly who is full show type, doesn't seem to moult very much although it's deceptive, I have wooden floors but whenever I move the settee there always seems to be another black dog under there  :005: Poppy who is show/worker on the other hand is losing quite a bit of hair she's white so needless to say I try to avoid black clothes  ;) but we love em , hairs n all  :luv: :D

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »
Maggie loses her white hair loads more than her black... My carpet is quite light so doesn't show much, but there a little collections of it round the edges of the laminate :)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »
Mmmmmm its interesting that there seems to be a pattern developing with colours and shedding ? I tink I imagined that as she has a very heavy coat that she would shed all over the place but its just not the case, thanks for all your replies ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 11:36:54 PM »
Absolutely nothing comes out of mine when shes stroked and she never leaves hair on my clothes - maybe thats because shes clipped or shes now an adult, however when she was blowing her puppy coat, it was absolutely everywhere - it even got into the freezer  :huh:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 07:32:43 AM »
my three blue roans dont shed hair or very little after a bath , i once fostered a red cocker and OMG did he drop hair everywhere, ive always wanted a orange roan but thought that prob they would be bad for dropping the white hair, i agree with sarah1985 and mooching, i have a white cat and my friend and sister have jack russels and their hair is everywhere, it comes out in handfulls
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
pleased to say neither of mine moult at all  :D  I thought i was just lucky with Ben, but when Harry came he dosn't seem to loose much hair eaither.  Its great  :005:

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
Oh my word we have just picked Monty our new pup up and boy does he shed, there are golden hairs everywhere :o ::) and to think I started this thread as I was surprised by Belle, a very hairy cocker didn't shed now a little pupster with loads less hair is sheding for Wales ::) :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Ruby is a blue roan,(unclipped) and she sheds LOADS  >:(

If she sits on your lap she leaves hair behind,her hair is all over the lace and this is with regular brushing  ::)

I think she might get clipped soon.........
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 06:13:34 PM »
Yes like crazy  >:(

It drives me mad! He only has to be on my bed for ten seconds and it's absolutely covered in hairs. I find them everywhere despite that fact i hoover every single day, some days even twice.

Offline chanellie

• Donator
    • Equine Market Watch Sanctuaries (UK)
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
Molly must be loosing short black hair all the time I never see it coming out  but it is everywhere ! she is clipped.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
Rox and Rio hardly moult at all, but this maybe as they're very over shadowed by Penny (Lab X who moults for England! I really would've been better with a black carpet!!). Mika (Spitz) moults a little, but then has two major moults twice a year where it comes out like chunks of candyfloss!  :005: ph34r

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 02:51:45 PM »
yes, he moults horrendously most of the year - and he's an entire liver working cocker, and yes he gets brushed regularly and combed with steel comb/rubber band combo (not that you would know it by the state of him  ph34r )
helen & jarvis x