Author Topic: What do the stars mean?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
What do the stars mean?
« on: July 13, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »
Just wondered, what do the gradings of Junior Member, Full Member etc mean, and what decides how many stars you get?

Ive noticed some people with under 50 postings who have 4 stars, and other people with over 200 posts who only have 2 or 3.

Is it frequency of postings, or something more subtle?

Feeling slightly inadequate because I only have 2 stars (yet my OH would say I was a complete COL obsessive!!!) !  :'(

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: What do the stars mean?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »
Dunno about the stars  :huh:
I was a Jr member and was puzzled cos I'm 35! :D :005: then realised was based on number of postings! Duh! :lol2:
I think I went up a level when my postings total hit 100.
OH is concerned that
a I 'talk' to other cocker owners (who may encourage more to join the household!)
b I've spent 11 and 1/2 days of my life talking about 'dogs with no brain cell' (don't think he's bonded with the breed after Meg took a week to master the cat flap  :005: :005:)

I did point out he belongs to forums about cars, tom toms  and pooters which makes him a nerd! (no offence to other people who have same interests)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »
the number of stars go up according to the number of posts and you also go up from junior to senior etc - but any posts you make in Anything Goes do not count towards getting more stars etc hence the reason why some have lower posts and more stars than others...

hope that makes sense  ;)
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
Thanks for that. Ive just seen one person on COL who has done 3 posts, and has 4 stars!! Most bizarre! Ah well, I wont take it personally.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
Thanks for that. Ive just seen one person on COL who has done 3 posts, and has 4 stars!! Most bizarre! Ah well, I wont take it personally.

I don't think that's possible unless something's gone wrong somewhere :huh: I've had a quick check of the Sr Member's list (4 stars) and can't see anyone with 3 posts. Can you PM me with the details & I'll check it out for you ;)
Jane

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
i was just about to ask these questions too, so it just goes up from newbie to jr to senior to hero? cause some have all the stars but one is hero and one is senior? 
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
The user ratings for COL are set as follows :

Newbie (1 star)
Junior Member  50 posts (2 stars)
Full Member  100 posts (3 stars)
Senior Member 250 posts (4 stars)
Hero Member  500 posts (5 stars)

Some members are showing as having more stars than they should have based on their post count - this is an error caused when the forum software was upgraded a while ago but will be sorted out eventually when Stu has time to do the necessary fiddling with the database ;)
Jane