Author Topic: Why does he whine so much ???  (Read 452 times)

Offline TABS

• Wilbur
Why does he whine so much ???
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
HI
  Our 6yr old blue roan is a pain in the butt when ever we go out in our motorhome or as we did this weekend use public transport , every time we stop he gets hysterical , the vet gave us some travel tablets but they seem to knock him out for the count !! he is also a very hyper dog and I was wondering if theres anything he could take on a regular basis to keep him calm without sending him to sleep ??
Trudi

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Why does he whine so much ???
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:56:01 PM »
You could try Rescue Remedy, which you can buy in Boots and other chemists. One of my Cockers, Sam, was a terrible traveller and used to whine, dribble and throw up after about 5 minutes of car travel and would remain whiney and stressed throughout the journey.

Someone suggested Rescue Remedy, so I tried giving him 2 drops direct onto his tongue about 20 minutes or so before a journey and it worked like magic from the very first time. After a few weeks we stopped using it and he was fine because he was so much more confident and relaxed in the car.

It doesn't make them sleepy, just helps to relieve stress. I take 4 drops before I go to the dentist!