Author Topic: Maximus update  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Maximus update
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »
Maximus has just turned 10 months and so I thought it was time to let my friends on here know how he is doing.

He is a typical, crazy, full on cocker puppy!!  If he is quiet, you know he is up to no good.  His absolute favourite thing in the whole world (when not annoying Alfie and Dexter) is ripping up tissues or paper - only if the living room floor has just been hoovered though.  He needs a perfectly clean area to mess up!

Dexter put him in his place on day 1 and Maximus really respects him.   Alfie, on the other hand, just thought "Whoop whoop - they have bought me my very own walking, talking, adorable plaything!" and let him get away with murder.  Until Max turned about 8 months and got bigger teeth that hurt when they nip! All of a sudden Alfie thought "OUCH - how do I get this THING off me?!!"  Naturally, Maximus finds this hilarious and delights in chasing Alfie (whippet x poodle and incredibly fast) and once cornered (he will never catch him!) he is merciless.  Biting, nipping and generally terrorising him.  We are constantly telling Alfie to tell Max off - and very occasionally he does.  Mostly he just looks at us as if to say "why did you buy me this nipping monster?!"

Maximus is doing really well at dog training club and is an absolute joy.  He can pull like a steam train when he wants, but despite all my previous misgivings about harnesses, we have discovered a fantastic double D ring harness (one on his back and one under his chin) and he walks really well when we use that.

We recently purchased a static caravan  near the seaside (MIL passed away and Trev wanted something tangible to remember her by) and Max absolutely loves it there.  Alfie and Dexter use it to relax with us - Max uses it as a new place to explore and see how much mischief he can get into.

He is cuddly, loving and exhausting in equal measures.  He was an early 60th birthday present, and has been challenging at times (Trev finds him hard work as he is not as healthy as he was last time we had a puppy - 6 years ago when Alfie was young) but we both absolutely adore our little hooligan!   :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Maximus update
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »
Lovely to hear from you, my sympathy to you and Trev on the loss of MIL.  Maximus sounds like proper Coker  :luv: I hope you have lots more fun with him and enjoy your static caravan, you deserve all the good things life throws your way. Xx