Author Topic: Season - graphic question?  (Read 646 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Season - graphic question?
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:58:28 PM »
How much blood is ok? Gizzy has started her first season but there seems to be a lot of blood, more than i've known before. It seems that if she sleeps there is quite a build up which I guess is because she isn't cleaning or gravity but again, more than is normal to me.  :huh:
I noticed a few spots of blood when she had an accident in the house earlier in the week but she had some clearish discharge around her bits so I thought it was the start of her season. Now i'm worrying she has something wrong with her. Is it unlikely that you'ld see evidence of a season in urine or would that be normal?
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Season - graphic question?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »
The amount of blood varies in bitches, and what you actually see often depends on how much she cleans herself. It's normal for them to be as bit more soiled in the morning, and if she is a heavy bleeder you may well see some blood in her urine, as the urethra is within the vulva, very similar to human build.

You can always keep an eye on her gum colour if you feel she is bleeding heavily. You want it to be a nice pink (sometimes they are red after excercise, when they are stressed or excited, or if they are hot)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply. She seems ok in her self but it is quite dark, more brown red than pink, as I say, not what i'm used to.  :-\ Will keep an eye on her gums as you say though.
She's a bit more sleepy but it's difficult to judge behaviour changes because it's probably just down to the season rather than anything else.
I think perhaps because she seems very immature I'm concerned for her, over protective  ::)  ;)
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »
Millies the first bitch I've owned so have no others to compare it too. But theres loads of blood. If she wears pants I have to change them every hour or so as the pad is soaked. In the morning when she gets out of her bed its dripped all over the floor and even up the walls  ph34r ph34r.

Millie

jarbaha

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »
i own 6 bitches , and some of my girls you would hardley known had been in season, while some of my others, drip blood everywhere. again depends if they are clean and keep themselves clean.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:13:27 AM »
My Phoebe is very dark when she's in season and she's quite heavy. She's not really a cleaner but her mum seems to keep things under control for her. The blood will go lighter as she goes through the season.
It's never affected Phoebe's activity levels, she's still like a pocket rocket.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.