Author Topic: Four Paws: Lola, 4 mo old cocker, partially sighted  (Read 894 times)

Offline PennyB

Four Paws: Lola, 4 mo old cocker, partially sighted
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
Meet LOLA
Lola is very special indeed,  she has limited sight but she really doesn't let that phase her

http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php/topic,12587.0.html

Breed – Cocker Spaniel
Sex -  Female
Age – 4 Months
Dog Friendly - Yes
Cat Friendly -  Yes
People Friendly - Yes
Child Friendly  Yes,  5 years plus in line with our adoption conditions
House Trained - Work in progress
Neutered - No, will need be at 6 months in line with our adoption conditions
Vaccinated – Yes
Flea Treated - Yes
worm treated - Yes
Travel - Travels fine
Food -   Dried Food
Fostered -  Risca

Lola would benefit from being rehomed with another dog as she is partially sighted and would cope better with the company of another dog!

Lola came to me yesterday through no fault of her own. She really is a lovely girl and has met my two dogs and also my cats with no problems at all!! Her confidence is growing since she came to stay with us. She was a little timid at first! But within the space of a day you can really see the difference. Today she is very playful and doing all the things you would expect from any pup ;)

We went for a little stroll in our local park and she loved having a sniff around and meeting a new friend :) She is happy as long as she is close to you! I did have to carry her over to the park as all the noises were a little over whelming for her understandable due to her limited vision..

Her first night went quite well, although I did stay up with her for a while as she didn't want to settle at first. I then let her sleep with Soxy who gave her the company she wanted, she then settled down and slept till 6am :) She does like company, human and dog alike!!

I will update on her progress as I get to know her better :) Here's a few pic's to keep you going she really is an angel

Lola is currently undergoing a 14 day assessment and will be ready for re-homing from the 25th Sept.  Applications are welcome during the assessment period.  Approved applications will be home checked.  Because Lola is just a baby we will be looking to rehome her where someone is around for the majority of the day and where there is a steady resident dog.

Details of our adoption procedures and adoption application form are http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/adoption_procedures.html
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Dinah

Re: Four Paws: Lola, 4 mo old cocker, partially sighted
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
A beauty!  Somehow don't think she'll be waiting long for her new home. :blink: