Author Topic: Dobby 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears  (Read 2947 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Dobby 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« on: July 21, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=13771

09-07-2015 Dobby is a 5 year old ex-stud Cocker Spaniel boy. Dobby is very nervous and unsure of people and sits in the back of his kennel all day. He does not walk on the lead and does not enjoy being handled so will need a home where any children are 16 or over as young ones will be too much for him. Dobby will definitely need another dog or dogs in his new home who will help him to build up his confidence and learn all about the things he needs to be a happy and content member of the family. As he will never have lived in a home before it will take time for Dobby to adjust as it will be a strange new world for him.  Normal household noises and activies like washing machines, TVs and hoovers will worry him but his new canine friend or friends will help him learn these are nothing to be scared of. Please read our information about ex-breeding dogs and if you think you can offer Dobby the home he needs complete an application form.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
Re: Dobby 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
Wow - what a handsome chap - hope he finds his forever home soon  :luv:
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline Dinah

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
Dobby has arrived!  He has explored the garden, and gets on fine with the other dogs ( maybe he already knows Irene).  He's been here for 2 nights and is just starting to come up, tail wagging, for a treat.  Early days for him as he's still very nervous but he wants to be loved. :luv:

Offline r.schneider

• This is my dear little Flossie at 13 weeks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »
Hi, are you fostering Dobby or have you adopted him?  We are thinking of taking on an ex breeding cocker male to keep our show cocker who is now just over two company.  He looks so sad and it would be so nice to be able to offer one of the ex breeding dogs a family home until the end of their days.

I hardly ever post on this site due to having bad dyslexia (and I cannot work out how to put images on etc).

We live in the far west of Cornwall so any dog would have a lovely life with us (a Flossie already does).

Best wishes,
Rosie

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »
Dinah is a fosterer for Many Tears and does a wonderful job helping dogs start on their journey to their forever home.  :luv: :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline r.schneider

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks for the information.  She most certainly sounds like one of those wonderful kind hearted individuals that we could do more of.

I hope that she will see my comment and if she is not too far from Cornwall we may get the chance to visit Dobby at some point.
Rosie

Offline Dinah

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
Rosie if you look on the Many Tears Animal Rescue site you'll see it says exactly which part of the country each dog is fostered in.  Also some may still be at the Centre in S. Wales.  Dobby is in Yorkshire.  Good luck with your search. :blink:

Offline Dinah

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
Dobby's update is on the MT site if anyone here could transfer it?  Video, Dobby's Diary1, shows his progress from a scared cocker to a 'proper' one.  He is becoming the cocker he was always meant to be - lively, inquisitive, loving. :blink:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:40 PM »
Here's the update. Clicking on the link at the top of this thread will take you direct to his MT page and you can view the video from there. It sounds like he is making fantastic progress.

Dobby gets on well with the other dogs here and sleeps through the night in the kitchen with them; he ignores the cats.  He toilets outside.  Dobby is used to short car rides.  He loves his walks in the wood and is off-lead there now, never going far away from me.  He'll turn to 'his person' for security if new sights/sounds worry him; he is no longer startled by passing cyclists and horses.  Dobby needs a forever home with a confident, gentle dog.  He also needs someone around for most of the day.  At this stage in his development as a pet dog, a busy household with young children wouldn't suit him.
The plastic cone is off and his coat is growing back.  Dobby has changed: The loving, playful cocker he was always meant to be is emerging, fast!

Offline r.schneider

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
Oh Dobby is so lovely, I wish he was nearer to Cornwall as I would be interested in him.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »

8/9/15  Dobby's wood walks: 10 mins practising walking to heel on lead, treat, then off-lead.  Rushes around, jumping through ferns/bushes.  Splashes through stream.  Plonks himself in muddy pool.  Encouraged to go in stream again. On lead for 'calm down' 10 mins.  Some more exploring.  Cocker nose sometimes gets the better of him.  Reaches the 'chase the ball' starting point before us, sits down and waits.  Keeps closer from now on as wants ball thrown.  Knows where this part ends and waits at the lead- back- on point, ball in mouth.  Treat.  Lead on.
Dobby  is an energetic, busy spaniel - with brains!  He's at the stage where someone who'll continue his training will have lots of fun in his company.
Dobby's made great progress in a short time.  Kind, always wanting to please, he needs gentle handling. He's calm and quiet in the house. He loves his cuddles.  Dobby has learnt a lot from my dogs (including snoozing on the sofa) and has been left at home for a couple of hours with them;  Dobby must have a canine companion for company.  He has become a 'proper' cocker spaniel.  Dobby is ready for his forever home.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »
He is a darling.  :luv:

Offline Dinah

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »
Dobby is reserved.  x