Author Topic: Butternut 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears  (Read 2161 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Butternut 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=14116

20-08-2015 Butternut is a 6 year old ex-breeding Cocker Spaniel girl, she is a nervous girl and very unsure of whats happening to her at present. She has very sore and drey eyes so her vision is not great but we will start treating this and hopefully her eyesight will improve.  She may need eye drops for life which is something any adopter will need to consider. Butternut is desperate for some TLC and another very kind and gentle dog or dogs who will help her settle into her new life. She know absolutely nothing about lead walking or house training so her new owners will need to be patient with her. We shall try and build her confidence whilst she is here but in her new home she might find a lot scary, dishwashers and telephones may be very new to her - with plenty of time and love she will learn that they aren't so bad. Please read our information on ex-breeding dogs and fill in an application for Butternut
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: Butternut 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »
Another beautiful girl  :luv: :luv: looking for love and cuddles, I hope she finds her perfect home very soon ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
Hi there,

I am fostering Buttercup who is now called Clemmie, in Brecon. I also have Puka with me who is now called Pippa.

Both girls are doing really well and Clemmie copes heroically with her blindness, I do wonder if she does still have a little bit of vision as she really hadn't bumped into many things here at all.

She has made a great start with her housetraining and loves a cuddle - and a tasty bit of chicken!

I was on this board a few years ago when I last fostered for Many Tears as I've had a few spaniels. My user name was Eloisecherry. I had Ava a beautiful blonde puppy who was hard of hearing. My memory is awful these days but I think she went to live in the Lincoln area with a lovely couple and their two cockers, Bracken and Berry? They posted on here at the time.

I also fostered Andy the hermaphrodite roan youngster, who was such a character and was adopted by a wonderful lady who lived locally to me at the time.

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
Hi there,

I am fostering Buttercup who is now called Clemmie, in Brecon. I also have Puka with me who is now called Pippa.

Both girls are doing really well and Clemmie copes heroically with her blindness, I do wonder if she does still have a little bit of vision as she really hadn't bumped into many things here at all.

She has made a great start with her housetraining and loves a cuddle - and a tasty bit of chicken!

I was on this board a few years ago when I last fostered for Many Tears as I've had a few spaniels. My user name was Eloisecherry. I had Ava a beautiful blonde puppy who was hard of hearing. My memory is awful these days but I think she went to live in the Lincoln area with a lovely couple and their two cockers, Bracken and Berry? They posted on here at the time.

I also fostered Andy the hermaphrodite roan youngster, who was such a character and was adopted by a wonderful lady who lived locally to me at the time.

I think it was these guys you are talking about  :D http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=114747.0

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »
Thank you so much for that - yes, that her!!  :luv:

Wow, she looks amazing. Another very special girl.

Now - if only I could find some lovely forum members to adopt Clemmie and Pippa...... :D

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:55:11 PM »
Hi, Holly (Ava) is well.....still dances  :lol2: :lol2: she settled in well and Bramble and Beri have always looked after her. She is a special little girl and her hearing (deaf in one ear...no ear drum) has no effect on her.
So pleased you are still fostering.  We are still living in York  :luv:

Not been on COL much over the last year....the pics in Scotland are recent however from the end of June and you can see all three Bramble, Beri and little Holly are well.

I would have your two new girls in a heartbeat if we had the room.....5 may be a bit too many  :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
Well if I  find as wonderful a home for Buttercup and Puka as yours, then I will be thrilled!

I have sent updates and new photos to Many Tears today so you can see how well they are doing.

Had a lump in the throat moment with Buttercup today. She jumped up onto the sofa and nestled herself amongst the cushions. So wonderful to see! She has come so far already from the thin, worn out little girl lying at the back of the kennel with the encrusted eyes  :luv:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:56:18 PM »
I thought Butternut was a strange name. thought she might be mad for butter.
really hope she gets her loving home soon  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to say that Clemmie has now been adopted by a lovely lady and has a new cocker sister :D

I'm so thrilled for her - she's a very special girl

X