Author Topic: Stripe 7 Year Old Female @ Many Tears  (Read 1752 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Stripe 7 Year Old Female @ Many Tears
« on: December 13, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »
https://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=26690

07-11-2019 - Stripe is an  exbreeding cocker who will need another resident dog in her home to help her gain some much needer confidence. Stripe will need a home where she can be with someone who can help her learn to trust humans. She is a very sweet girl and will make a great companion once she has had some time to settle and work out how her new life is so much better now that she is in a home. A kind dog to copy new skills like housetraining and be her friend will really help with this, as will a patient person to show her love and teach her to give her trust

13-11-19 UPDATE

Stripe is very nervous of new people and it will takes her time to feel comfortable around strangers. She is starting to trust me and will allow me to pick her up and stroke her, although she can't help shaking as the experience is so alien to her.
It is harder for her to accept our interactions compared to her kennel friends as she is older than them and has likely never known kindness by us people from an early age. Her sidekick Spot is a much needed boost to her confidence and she knows she can at least trust her judgement so will follow her lead sometimes when feeling brave.
Stripe will almost certainly need a home with another resident dog to help guide her on a new exciting journey. She will benefit from an experienced dog owner who has cared for similar dogs that have a background like hers. Stripe although worried at times is by no means a broken girl and with the right person and company to take care of her, she will become the confident lady she wants to be.

01-12-19 UPDATE

Some dogs struggle in kennels and it isn't until they go into a home that their true self comes out. Stripe is one such dog. She's been in foster less than 48 hours and what a sweetheart. Yes, she's wary when approached, but she happily comes in and out of the house, even if I'm standing in the doorway. She will follow me around the house, approach for a treat and if I'm sitting, approach for a stroke. She's even experienced her first walk and coped admirably when other dogs and walkers passed. I can't praise this lovely girl enough. She has adapted so well.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo