Author Topic: Emma - 8+ year old blind girl at Many Tears  (Read 8594 times)

Offline kirstyb

Re: Emma - 8+ year old blind girl at Many Tears
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
Emma's  :luv:  We were down at Many Tears when she was brought in.  Poor wee soul had matts all over but the worst was on her ears (to the skin (thick)) and to her rear end.
We were trying to bring her back up the road for gorgeouspoppy to Foster but she was just having her girlie op the day we were leaving Wales.  She reminded me off Pepper (our Cocker from MT) how she just wanted to feel wanted and have your warmth to heat her.

Please can someone have the space in their heart for this gorgeous girl. I know she would make everyone happy!
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
 Emma is coming into foster with me today so she will soon have lots and lots of love . there is a nice cosy soft bed waiting for her

Offline LindyLou

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 08:55:20 AM »
That's wonderful news. Been thinking about this little girl. :luv: :luv:

Please give us updates when you have time  ;)
Linda & Baxter

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
that's such a great update to read this morning  :luv:
:bigarmhug: for you rory's mum for being there when Emma needed it.

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
 :'( I'm in tears reading this, and so angry  >:(

Please somebody help and give her a permanent loving home  :huh:  

please don't be put off by her age and blindness.  :-\   my special boy Barnaby came from Many Tears with poor eyesight at 7 yrs old and he has given me and Flo so much happiness  :luv:

rory's mum. what a wonderful thing you do for these poor little things :bigarmhug: I'm looking forward to updates on Emma   :D

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
Emma is coming into foster with me today so she will soon have lots and lots of love . there is a nice cosy soft bed waiting for her
Aww thats great  :D ..poor girl  :'(  she certainly needs some luv and cuddles, bless her.  I really hope she has a kind forever home soon x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »
That's really heartwarming news.  :luv:

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »
Will you let us know how she gets on  :luv: and maybe a piccy if your not to busy  ;)

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
Emma has met some gentle doggy friends, has found a soft warm cushion next to the sofa and is showing interest in the smell of sunday roast eminating from the kitchen she is a lovely dog  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
That is so lovely to hear, I have been thinking about her.  We just can't manage another one, but I am so pleased she is with you and learning all about home comforts.  Thank you.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »

Bless you.

Offline penfold

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
Emma has met some gentle doggy friends, has found a soft warm cushion next to the sofa and is showing interest in the smell of sunday roast eminating from the kitchen she is a lovely dog  :luv:

What a wonderful warm fuzzy this post is!  At last she is away from kennels and is in a loving home, finding her feet and discovering how wonderful her life could have been....well done you  :clapping:

She looks such a lovely girl, she truly deserves a wonderful forever home.

I couldn't possibly say what her previous owners deserve  >:D.........

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
Poor baby :'( :'(. I admire you rory's mum and all the other fosterer's.... you do a fantastic job :luv: :luv: :luv: xxxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
From MT site:

08-11-10 UPDATE
 Emma has been in foster care with us for one week now. She is completely blind in one eye, and we believe has limited vision in the other. She is now able to find her way around our home and garden effectively. Toilet training is under way. Emma needs a calm patient owner with a stable home environment. She needs an adult only home, or a home with grown up children as she is frightened of young children. She gets distressed when away from us, so please only apply if you are at home most of the time, and motivated to support her rehabilitation. She is a lovely dog who deserves nothing but the best. She is making small steps forward every day, and is growing in confidence, and she is learning that humans can be a source of help and care.

Emma is being fostered in Romford, Essex and is by donation only, however please make your donation a reasonable one in line with the costs that have been incurred.  All our dogs micro-chipped, had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.  We will be happy to discuss the cost of any medical procedures that has been carried our. Please read our adoption procedures before applying and complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours.  If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog you want to adopt MUST come to meet the new dog.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »
Thank you to whoever posted Emma s first update . she is getting a teeny bit more confident each day . Shona