Author Topic: Jason - 8yo Black/White Working Cocker (cross?) - Just For Dogs (Derbyshire)  (Read 1230 times)

Offline mooching

(Jason may be a purebred working cocker, or may be a cross; I asked Nicola and she said it was ok to post this here)

http://www.justfordogs.org/adoption.php?id=408

When first picked up by the dog wardens I had a badly swollen leg which I could not put weight on, I also had a severe skin problem with large wet, raw and bloody patches of skin. I was diagnosed with a tumour and it was recommended I be euthanised. However the dog wardens had to give my owners chance to come forward and accepted strong analgesics to help with pain relief. They asked JFD to take care of me on the understanding that I would probably have to be put to sleep after several days. Although I was in such a bad way I always had a wagging tail for anyone stopping to bid me good day.

On day two of my stay at JFD Adam from Blenheim vets paid a visit and was asked to give me the once over, I adored all the fuss being made of me and whilst being examined I rolled on my back to have my tummy tickled whilst all my problems were discussed. Second opinions can be invaluable but this one literally saved my life! Although acknowledging I was in excruciating pain Adam was doubtful I had a tumour and suggested I be taken down for chest x-rays to look for possible secondary tumours in my chest (assuming of course I had a primary one in my leg) and also a scan on my leg to decipher what was causing the pain and swelling.

Everyone was over-joyed when no primary or secondary tumours were found, but that a deep-seated infection was causing all the problem. 30 mls of pus was drained from my leg which gave me instant relief (my leg has steadily continued to reduce in size since) and the very next day I was skipping around like a two year old! After three skin baths and special drops to my neck my sarcoptic mange has all but cleared. JFD are seeking a five star home for me - after all I have been through they insist I deserve nothing less!

Offline stephremon

:( how heart wrenching is his story! what a lovely lad Jason seems  :luv:

hope someone can come and help him soon :) xxxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
aaww bless  :luv: :luv:

He looks a lot older than 8 though, poor lad  :'(

Offline ejp

• Donator
Oh my goodness, what a story, a 5 star home is exactly what this sweetheart deserves  :luv:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Thank goodness this boy had the good fortune to have a second opinion on his leg.  :D
I wonder who diagnosed a tumour in the first place.  >:(
It is terrible that he could have been pts on this opinion  >:D  and shame on his original owners for allowing him to suffer  >:( though their decision to place him with JFD has thankfully saved his life.  :D
I hope this lovely boy gets a super new home soon where he will be loved and appreciated.  :luv: :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Bless him, I hope he gets the best home ever.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Oh my goodness, what a story, a 5 star home is exactly what this sweetheart deserves  :luv:

couldn't agree more  ;)

bless you sweetheart - may your new forever home be only a moment away & your new family give you all the loving TLC you deserve   :luv: :angel:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Dinah

Rescue site showing 'rehomed' for Jason :blink:

Offline Gwynnie

So pleased, just what he deserves :luv: