Author Topic: Rowan's Feeding & Allergy diet update  (Read 842 times)

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
Rowan's Feeding & Allergy diet update
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Well we're two weeks in on the fish and potato diet. She's lost just over a kilo and looking good, glossy coat (still growing back after the ultra short shave  >:D). She's "tolerating" the diet is the best way to put it - not so keen on potatoes but prefers the oily fish like mackerel or sardines (only in tomato sauce). The only 'treat' (and I use that term loosely) is PAH 100% fishmonger fish braids. Yuk, yuk yuk. They stink the whole house out but she's got used to them as opposed to carrot sticks or dentastix. Vet says she's to carry on another 2 weeks as the scales/scabs almost gone and the eyes n ears getting much better. She's not as miserable as she was (think she associated love with food and thought we'd gone off her), she's not her old self but its settling down. Health improvement is the trade off to make it worthwhile. Not comfy feeding potatoes but vet adamant its needed. Has anyone else had any experience of this allergy food ID plan?
Ps my sister has just TXT me a pic of her new 7 week old orange roan puppy. I'm in love.  :luv: Rowan though is not a sharing dog so no new puppy for her.
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Rowan's Feeding & Allergy diet update
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
Good to hear Rowan is improving, and getting used to her new diet :luv:. It will all be worth it in the end. Brodie has been totally fine the last few weeks, although I've probably jinxed things saying that :005:. I know potato is used in a lot of dog foods for those who can't tolerate rice/grains. Everything crossed the new diet continues to work :luv:

Ooh an orange roan puppy - my favourite :luv:. Unfortunately Brodie is the same and would probably leave home if I came home with one :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
Re: Rowan's Feeding & Allergy diet update
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:37:20 PM »
Every chocolate should have an orange, they go together so naturally  ;) Rowan would be the same,she'd move to her gran n papa's for peace, pampering (and sneaky feeding). Trust our vet and she's positive this will work and she does seem better already. Glad Brodie on the mend too. They are a pair!!  :luv:
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.