Author Topic: gun dog clicker training  (Read 10570 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: gun dog clicker training
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »
I am correct in thinking this is held in Chipping Campden folks? If so this is brilliant as I live about 5 miles away and would love to go.

Bonnie isn`t a working cocker but we would love to have a go with her as she`d love it. It doesn`t matter does it?  :-\

I don't think it would matter that she's not a working cocker but this class is specifically to teach field control and skills like flushing and retrieving.

nicola's absolutely right, it is field skills - if that's of interest raylou, then by all means sign up!

i have warned the organisers to expect an influx of cockers!  we may have to have our own 'day' if there are too many of us ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline raylou

• Site Member
  • MY 2 BABIES
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »
I am correct in thinking this is held in Chipping Campden folks? If so this is brilliant as I live about 5 miles away and would love to go.

Bonnie isn`t a working cocker but we would love to have a go with her as she`d love it. It doesn`t matter does it?  :-\

I don't think it would matter that she's not a working cocker but this class is specifically to teach field control and skills like flushing and retrieving.

nicola's absolutely right, it is field skills - if that's of interest raylou, then by all means sign up!

i have warned the organisers to expect an influx of cockers!  we may have to have our own 'day' if there are too many of us ;)
Great thanks. its definately something we want to do with Bonnie. this is a very rural area and she`s always after the pheasants  :005: we have been offered the opportunity to take her beating, so i would love her to have some training first.
I`m off to sign up. Look forward to meeting you all  :D
Rachael & Bonnie xx

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:54 PM »
raylou...Storm is a show-type too  :D 

I'm hoping to go, but wasnt able to ask my mother on the phone tonight...will try again tomorrow  ;)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »
Please missus can me and Daisy Span come too??
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 05:26:21 PM »
sarah - i haven't even got my ar@e into gear and booked a place yet!!!  check out the link and let me know if they have spaces left :005: :005: :005:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
Either have I... I really want to go but OH is in Switzerland working for the whole of January so I would need to send Tills to the dogsitter as well as find somewhere for me and Alfie to stay... could work out to be an expensive day!  :-\
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 09:29:48 AM »

Either have I... I really want to go but OH is in Switzerland working for the whole of January so I would need to send Tills to the dogsitter as well as find somewhere for me and Alfie to stay... could work out to be an expensive day!  :-\

Nicola, driving down there takes me approx 7 1/2 hours and that's with only quick wee stops, just so you've got a rough idea of the time for Tilly to go to dog sitter if you go.

Must admit I've never taken the dogs that far in the car, they usually stay with OH when I go family visiting (Mum wouldn't have the dogs cos she's got cats) or kennels if we all go down

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 11:22:20 AM »

Could Tilly go with you aswell and wait in the car?  It shouldnt be too hot this time of year with windows down, etc. 

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 04:48:38 PM »

Could Tilly go with you aswell and wait in the car?  It shouldnt be too hot this time of year with windows down, etc. 

I was thinking about that, thing is she tends to whinge a bit when left by herself and probably wouldn't be very happy left in the car. Alfie on the other hand is so laid back he's fine. He loves long car journeys, he sits and looks out of the back window or has a snooze and he's happy as larry  :luv:

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »
I wonder whether it would be possible for her to sit out of the car and watch?  Would she be quiet?  It might be worth asking the trainer if it may be possible?

Either way...hope you can make it  :D  I havent booked a place yet, but hope to after the weekend when I have spoken to my mother.  Sounds like the others dogs there will all be really good though...and Storm and I dont have much experience in gundog work?  I dont want totake her if it will be too much for her?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 11:01:58 PM »
I wonder whether it would be possible for her to sit out of the car and watch?  Would she be quiet?  It might be worth asking the trainer if it may be possible?

Either way...hope you can make it  :D  I havent booked a place yet, but hope to after the weekend when I have spoken to my mother.  Sounds like the others dogs there will all be really good though...and Storm and I dont have much experience in gundog work?  I dont want totake her if it will be too much for her?

Thanks Sportsmonki  :D  I'm looking into what I can do just now so fingers crossed! And don't worry, Alfie is a teenage  >:D at the moment and he is just training so he doesn't have a lot of fieldwork experience either  ;)

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 01:58:23 PM »
Thanks nicola  :D

Looks like I should be able to go  :lol:  When I asked my mother she just said...but you dont clicker train Storm  ph34r  (She isnt fully clicker trained, but she does have a 'click word')  Does anyone know if that matters?

nicola...hope you managed to sort something out so that you and alfie can go?

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »
I'd love to do this when is it?

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
I'd love to do this when is it?

it's the 7th of jan  :shades:
helen & jarvis x

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2006, 03:25:57 PM »
well if mark is going it's not worth anyone else going,he'll put us all to shame :005: