Author Topic: Is this normal  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Is this normal
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
 :005:

We have only had Riley for less than four months. Im home most of the day, but when I go out for a few hours then.... I miss him lol
Im always so pleased to get home to see him again  :luv: its like when you leave your children when they were young  :lol2:
Do I need to get a life ? lol .

We are used to having at least one , sometimes two holidays each year, the last one was just before we brought Riley home.
My parents said they can have him next year if we go away and I just know I will think of him every day, (will still go though)
Are you like this with your cocker?

Im pretty sure hubby is as hooked as me too.

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
Re: Is this normal
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »
Yep, house even feels strange when Jazz is at the groomers for a couple of hours :005: :005:  If she goes out for walk with OH I still make sure she can't get out before I open any doors as I am so used to her being there all the time.

I almost feel guilty if I have to go food shopping and can't take her with me >:(

Have had her a year now and puppy coming in 9 days so will be doubly difficult.  We are researching dog friendly holidays now :005: :005:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
I know exactly what you mean.
I miss him terribly when I'm at work. OH picks him up at lunchtime so I demand a full recap of his
Day until that point, then photo messages to get me through an afternoon at work  :005:

We went to see my Grandparents who live in Spain when Bingley was younger and I rang MIL twice a day to check he was ok. I've never had such an attachment to any dog!

We have the opportunity to go away for a week in September. We'll be going somewhere in the UK so bingley can come

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
Why not have a UK holiday so he can go with you? You can't beat lovely long walks, pub meals and curling up together in the evenings.

We do go abroad, but much more often we go with our dogs :)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline **purpleprincess**

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
I've only had Luca for 3 weeks and I'm already like this!!  :005:
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline black taz

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
I wouldnt even consider a holiday without mine - i would worry too much.  I have left them for the odd weekend with my OH but always pleased to get back to them/

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
You are normal.....you just have a case of cockeritis.  :luv:  The condition gets into your whole system and then invades your heart.

Just go with the flow, and know that there are lots of others who suffer from it too.

Best medication is.....cuddling up to your cocker, and being lavished with kisses. Xxxxx

Hope you never get cured.  :005:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline karen488

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
Am useless. Keep meaning to find somewhere for them to get used to, should we ever decide to go on holiday without the cockers, but keep putting it off. Instead I keep finding places we can take them aswell.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
Phew  ;) I think it was fate that when we decided to get a dog that we chose the cocker, I would never have found such like minded people lol
In the future I am sure we will have lots of trips in this country.
We have only been out a few hours today at the cinema and couldnt wait for that welcome home that he always give us. :005: :luv:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
You are normal.....you just have a case of cockeritis.  :luv:  The condition gets into your whole system and then invades your heart.

Just go with the flow, and know that there are lots of others who suffer from it too.

Best medication is.....cuddling up to your cocker, and being lavished with kisses. Xxxxx

Aww I actually agree and dont think there is such a cure , ahh well ;)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »

Wonderful. :clapping:  Please let my cockeritis get much worse/better and may a cure never be found. :luv:

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
I too have a terrible case of cockeritis, on the odd ocassion I go out for the day my ex comes and dog sits. I usually can't help myself and have to text to check if they are OK, if he doesn't reply promptly I get very fidgety and I check my phone oh about every 2 minutes.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
Yep were the same hate leaving him, & get excited to get back. OH has got a few days away from him as im off down to my parents & he cant join us till the weekend (take him with me so not on own). Feels very strange if away from him. Off on our honeymoon in a few weeks & going to really miss him, least hes got my parents dogs as a playmate & i dont feel guilty at putting him in kennels for more than 2 days.

:luv: :luv:
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
Another cockeritis sufferer here! I hate leaving them, I always take them with when I can. My first Cocker used to even come to work with me! I now work for myself (part time) so I can choose my hours.
As for holidays, my parents used to have her for me, I think she went into kennels two or three times in thirteen years. Dexter has been into kennels for one weekend (my brother's wedding). If I had to leave Dexter and Dylan now, I would look into house sitters. But I would rather have doggy holidays in this Country.