Author Topic: Eating everything in sight, I know its a spaniel thing but..  (Read 10985 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Eating everything in sight, I know its a spaniel thing but..
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »
Hi Jane

Can't imagine what he'll eat when you drop him onto two meals a day :005:

Mel.

Lol I dread to think Mel

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Quote from: Liz F link=topic=96256.msg1422724#msg1422724 =1344021692
Diesel hasnt grown out of it and hes 5 he once ate human sick  :020: and also a firework  :o  :doh: Olli doesnt seem to bother but then Olli isnt a greedy cocker

Omg Liz Diesel wins hands down I would have thought it wouldve been Oli out of the two,

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
Quote from: Liz F link=topic=96256.msg1422724#msg1422724 =1344021692
Diesel hasnt grown out of it and hes 5 he once ate human sick  :020: and also a firework  :o  :doh: Olli doesnt seem to bother but then Olli isnt a greedy cocker

Omg Liz Diesel wins hands down I would have thought it wouldve been Oli out of the two,

Yeh Olli is usually the mischievous one  :005: but Diesel is one greedy boy  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
Pippa still tries to eat everything at 14 months.  I have to scan the ground all around to try to avoid anything nasty.  She will put everything in her mouth but spit back out most non-food items.  If she gets food because I haven't spotted it first, there's no chance of getting it back - it's swallowed straight down.  I keep hoping she'll grow out if it.  Our Fauve Barney used to be the same (actually probably worse) but at the age of 2 doesn't do it any more.  However, when he was a puppy we took him to the vets after he had swallowed a sandwich bag.  The vet made him sick and he brought up the sandwich bag plus a blue balloon, a yellow balloon, stones and twigs  ph34r

Offline Carol09

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
If it ain't nailed down it gets snaffled  :005: :005: x x x

Yes I agree, sums up Jay perfectly.

Some stuff really isn't edible, we had an incident recently where he ate the inside of a glass candle (brand new as well), worried like crazy, didn't know whether to go to the emergency vets or not. We waited and no sickness, no diahorrea, no nothing but bright nicer smelling poos.  I wasn't amused though, he has a cast iron stomach that doglet... >:D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
messing about today in the front garden, Gemma disappeared under the shrubs. Came out, ran to her dad and dropped the top half of a long dead hedgehog at his feet. My first thoughts were, thats a big conker until realised what is was. Then you start thinking and looking at your dog, wondering where the rest of it is.  But hey, it was a good unplanned retrieve  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Catie74

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »
My 2 are dreadful.  Willow produced a balloon with her poo the other day.  And I wish they would leave my bloody flower pots alone.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »
At least you arent alone , ive done many a post on here about Ella eating disgusting things  ph34r :fear2: :fear2: and now Milos latest trick is to bring snails in from the garden and try and eat them so now i have to get different wormer for them to be safe, and lately there has been chicken bones from the picnicers at the beach so i have to quickly grab the offender and stick my hand down their throats to get them off them  >:( >:( , which luckily mine let me do  ;)
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline poppydan

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
One of the very first things i taught our Poppy was the "leave it" command. Now when we go on walks if she tries to pick anything up i tell her to "leave it" and we get back on the business of walking. Also works at home, she wont touch any food unless she has been given the "OK". Was a very easy command to teach to surprisingly, in a few days we had it down pat.
Dan.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
One of the very first things i taught our Poppy was the "leave it" command. Now when we go on walks if she tries to pick anything up i tell her to "leave it" and we get back on the business of walking. Also works at home, she wont touch any food unless she has been given the "OK". Was a very easy command to teach to surprisingly, in a few days we had it down pat.

Riley was taught leave it at puppy class, unfortunately he only really adhers to it when we are at home. Most of the time he grabs something on walks before I even see it.
He sits and waits for his food so patiently too, we can say any phrase to him but he wont go to the food till we say TAKE IT,

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
I'm sorry I can't help. Charlie doesn't eat everything - he gives most of it a good sniff but never eats it. Although last night him and OH were moth catching (whilst I stood well out the way - I HATE moths). Charlie caught it before OH - then spat it back out.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
Rolo is like a hoover on walks - he has had a bad tummy for weeks now but you just cant stop them!

It makes me angry though how much rubbish kids leave on playing fields. Rolo found a bag of haribo the other day and starting eating one of the sweets in it!! I think its made worse at the moment by the summer holidays too!

I end up going home with a pocketful of rubbish that i have prized from his mouth! The worst one being some chewed bubble gum that i had to pull out of his mouth - god knows what could have happened if he swallowed that!

Sorry rant over!
Caz :)

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
I have two that Hoover the streets, I didn't realise how much litter there is until I got a cocker  >:(. The walk after the recycling truck has been is the worse. 

I try and keep an eagle eye out for tempting items and avoid if possible - I always carry treats and get them to drop said item for a yummy treat, this works well until they find a half eaten sandwich or dead bird :020:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »
Hi again Jane

Had a little chuckle about these posts  [and all the things they pick up] when out walking with Miya yesterday. She's always had a keen interest in big dollops of horses poo, but only now she's biting pieces from it :020:
Dread to think that she's actually eating it :020: :020: :wasntme:

They are just like mobile dust bins :doh: :005:

Mel.

Offline jen1876

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
Jasper is just the same although he is getting a bit better now he listens to the leave command we taught him at least 3 months ago (he's obviously been thinking about it for a while before deciding to listen! :005:) He still steals hay from our guinea pigs and any tissues dropped on the pavements are fair game. It's so true that you don't realise how much rubbish is on the floor until you have a cocker hoover! The worst time was the day he ate another dogs sick  :020: from the look of it they'd been eating Bakers...we saw it again further up the road when Jasper brought it back up again and continued to be sick for the rest of the evening. He was only about 3 or 4 months old and I was in such a tizz I rang the vet to check he couldn't have caught an awful disease from the dog sick  ph34r