Author Topic: Eating everything in sight, I know its a spaniel thing but..  (Read 10985 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: Eating everything in sight, I know its a spaniel thing but..
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »
One of the very first things i taught our Poppy was the "leave it" command. Now when we go on walks if she tries to pick anything up i tell her to "leave it" and we get back on the business of walking. Also works at home, she wont touch any food unless she has been given the "OK". Was a very easy command to teach to surprisingly, in a few days we had it down pat.
Mine were taught leave too but being cockers they only do it if they want to  :005: :005:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Catie74

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Hmm Archie was also taught to 'leave it' at puppy class, and in puppy class he was A+ standard, also at home.  It is amazing how deaf Cockers can suddenly become when out and about isn't it.  If Archie sees it, he is having it, training or no training.

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
Ours isnt greedy with his own as he seems to like to graze, trying to stop that 1. However as soon as its something he shouldnt have its another matter, any dropped food in kitchen, bits of paper, & pebbles in the garden or other bits hes found, along with pulling plants to eat (selective deafness at these times). However when out & about he normally does drop it straight away.
Run Free my little Laddie xxx