Author Topic: signiture pic problem pls help  (Read 872 times)

Offline Rileysmum

signiture pic problem pls help
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
hi ive been trying to put a signiture piccy on to my profile page for about 45 mins and im still struggling ive tried the http code and the direct one from thumbnail size on photobucket but im getting even more baffled! ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING I HAVE BRAIN ACHE! X
having fun with my cockers Bonny & Riley x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: signiture pic problem pls help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »
I think the problem is that the photo you're trying to use as your avatar (am guessing you mean avatar not signature - avatar is the little square pic under your username) isn't publicly viewable as when I tried to look at the pic outside the forum to check it, it asked for the photobucket account password. So looks like you need to change the settings from within photobucket to allow people to see it.
Jane

Offline Rileysmum

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
hi jane ive just been onto photobucket and changed my account from private to public and then did the link again but still no avatar? it just has a red cross and next to that it says do nothing, very puzzling

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
Is this the picture you wanted? It's working now after I tweaked the link a bit but looks a bit squashed because the original pic is rectangular whereas avatars are resized into small squares.
Jane

Offline Rileysmum

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
oh wow jane thats lovely thank you sooooooooooooo much! looks great im so pleased what a relief!! your sooo clever!