Author Topic: Wanted - Rescue Cocker  (Read 2430 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: Wanted - Rescue Cocker
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 11:46:54 PM »
I was in no way slating Many Tears or other centres Val... it is fortunate that these rescue centres exist, but perhaps breeding methods were not so intensive seven years ago as they seem to be today, there being so much money to be made by unscrupulous puppy farms.... four years old seems a young  age for a breeding bitch to become sterile ?

I am not trying to put anyone off, rather trying to make folks aware of the situation,  and am grateful that you have offered a positive post to balance my seemingly negative opinion...

Best regards... Alan.

To be honest it doesn't really matter if they become sterile as they will be getting spayed anyway so I can't see what the problem is.

And to be fair I have seen a great number of males and females ex breeding dogs who have lovely temperaments - many other types of dog spend their lives in sheds

also these dogs wouldn't have spent so much time as breeding dogs if they didn't at least have placid temperaments, which is what the puppy farmer rely on ;)

Also puppy farming has been going on for much longer than 7 years
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
We have an ex breeder from Many Tears. Yes, they are quiet at first, but our Rosie is a fantastic little dog and everybody who sees her loves her. A rescue dog really appreciates the good things in life and will be a great companion.

Offline Lacie_B

• Donator
  • Bina's Lacie
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:28 PM »
I apologise if my post seemed to try to put people off ex breeders Penny, you are obviously more knowledgable than myself being involved with the rescue centres, and you have educated me correcting my former misgivings ... actually I applied for Nerys an ex breeder at Four Paws when she was posted on here, but was just a little too slow off the mark...  I had an appointment to see her but I had to postpone until the following week due to unforeseen circumstances, and of course she was snapped up. So I would have been more than willing to give her a home.

I am glad that your Rosie has worked out so well for you John... another endorsement for folks to consider ex breeders as good pets.

I stand corrected on all counts..

Alan.
Bina's Lottie

At The Rainbow Bridge

Offline Iain

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 12:47:26 PM »
Thanks so much to everyone who has shared thoughts and opinions its been very much appreciated.
We took a trip on Friday, down to Old Coulsden nr Croyden to visit with Emma of Furry Friends animal rescue and meet Benji.
We are now delighted owners of a young and very characterful Cocker called Benji. Our job now is to give this little guy some future stability, affection and some training. He is of course now settling in and once through that we'll start training.
Thanks again for your help. All the best Iain   

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
Brilliant news, congratulations!

Will close this thread now that Benji is home with you.

If you want to start another thread about your new addition, then please do (we need pics  :shades: :005: )
Julie and Watson