Author Topic: Mia, 12yr blind golden girl at Mayhew Animal Home, London  (Read 656 times)

Offline zenon_bass

Mia, 12yr blind golden girl at Mayhew Animal Home, London
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
http://themayhew.org/dogs/mia/

my name is Mia,

I’m a twelve year old female Cocker Spaniel. I arrived at The Mayhew due to my owner’s ill health.

I’m a very friendly and affectionate girl and I get along well with everyone I meet. I also get along well with other dogs. I’m completely blind in both eyes but I cope very well, using my sense of smell to get around. Providing large objects aren’t moved about in the home, I don’t bump into things. I’m toilet-trained, I travel well in the car, I walk nicely on my lead without pulling and I know the basic commands which I respond well to. I can also be left home alone for a few hours without any problems, although I will whine when you first leave me. I’m super affectionate and love cuddling up close for love and attention.

I’m now looking for a forever home with a person or family who have owned dogs before and have researched my breed type. I can live with sensible teenagers providing they are used to being around dogs and I can live with another dog providing we’re the right match. My new owners will be expected to provide me with a minimum of one hour of off-lead exercise every day on a longline. If you’re interested in adopting me you will need to be fully prepared for the hard work and commitment involved in caring for a dog, which must not be taken lightly.

Weight: 14kgs

Mia is currently living in foster care until her new forever home is found. If you are interested in adopting her you will need to visit The Mayhew first before going to see her in her foster home.

The Mayhew Animal Home
 Trenmar Gardens
 Kensal Green
 London
 NW10 6BJ

info@mayhewanimalhome.org

020 8962 8000

She looks just like my longhaired scruffy Millie, right age too, wonder if they are litter sisters...

Offline zenon_bass

Re: Mia, 12yr blind golden girl at Mayhew Animal Home, London
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »
Still showing as available