Author Topic: Jasper 6yrs at North Clwyd animal rescue  (Read 1172 times)

Offline zenon_bass

Jasper 6yrs at North Clwyd animal rescue
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
http://www.ncar.org.uk/portfolio/jasper-3/

Breed: Cocker Spaniel

Can live with: Compatible dogs

Personality: Jasper is a very sweet Cocker Spaniel who is quite a nervous chap. He came to the rescue as he nipped his owner on a couple of occasions. This was once due to being stood on when he was asleep and when being grabbed by the collar and has all been in a defensive manner. He is a typical Spaniel and has lots of energy and will require high levels of exercise and stimulation as he will get bored easily. He is not used to being left on his own for very long periods averagely about four hours a day. Jasper is a very friendly and welcoming boy and he loves meeting new people and having lots of fuss and attention. He is equally as friendly with other dogs and does have potential for being homed with compatible dogs. Jasper is looking for a quiet home with experience of the breed. He responds well to positive training and handling and would not cope with any negative training methods. He loves to play with toys but does not drop them too easily but loves a good game of fetch. He is very food motivated and knows basic commands such as sit and wait. He has not shown any issues around food here at the rescue but is very focused on food so we would therefore advise against giving him any bones. He is a little bit of a laundry thief! Jasper has huge potential and we feel in a settled routine he will make an amazing pet.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Jasper 6yrs at North Clwyd animal rescue
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »
I have met Jasper and he is a wonderful dog and lovely playful boy, he has some issues as said - but I must admit he tugged at my heart strings, he really took to my OH, and had we been looking for us and not MIL and if Ollie was the type of cocker!! well what can I say.
His picture doesn't do him justice - somehow he looks older but when you meet him you realize he is around six.  I do hope he finds a loving home.
NCAR do a fantastic job.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline zenon_bass

Re: Jasper 6yrs at North Clwyd animal rescue
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »
Still on their rehoming page...  :'(