Author Topic: Aztec and Aloe-Vera at Many Tears  (Read 4481 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Aztec and Aloe-Vera at Many Tears
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:46:35 AM »
I know I really shouldn't look but after meeting a couple of rescue dogs on our walk this morning I just had to have a look!  :005: Spotted Aztec and Aloe-Vera!  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm

Cazzie

Re: Aztec and Aloe-Vera at MT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »
Ex breeding bitches  >:D >:D >:D Why do responsible breeders not line up good homes for these dogs. If they cant they shouldnt be allowed to breed. Give me the job of vetting & visiting these people Id have a field day  ;)

Poor wee dogs Id love to take them in  :luv:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
Oh poor Aztecs eyes :'( :'(  As a Mummy that calls in the vet for Kali's eyes as soon as they look dodgy, I am heartbroken someone could leave a dogs eyes like this.  They must be so sore :'( :'(
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Jackie57

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »
I still can't believe that people can treat dogs like this and get away with it. Poor Aztec an ex breeding bitch and  no more than a pup herself and Allo Vera her poor ears.
Jacqueline & Zack

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Ex breeding bitches  >:D >:D >:D Why do responsible breeders not line up good homes for these dogs. If they cant they shouldnt be allowed to breed. Give me the job of vetting & visiting these people Id have a field day  ;)

These ex-breeding dogs that MT take in do NOT come from responsible breeders but mostly from puppy farms. Since there are literally hundreds of these in Wales, some legal and some not, then I wish you luck in vetting them all ;)
Jane

Cazzie

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »

These ex-breeding dogs that MT take in do NOT come from responsible breeders but mostly from puppy farms. Since there are literally hundreds of these in Wales, some legal and some not, then I wish you luck in vetting them all ;)

Yes we all know there are hundreds out there but if I had the powers I would drastically change the way dogs were allowed to be bred.  ;)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Aztec and Aloe-Vera at Many Tears
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
Sorry didn't realised you appreciated the scale of this type of breeding as you asked why responsible breeders don't have good homes lined up for their ex-breeding dogs implying that responsible breeders would pass their dogs onto MT when of course they don't.
Jane

Cazzie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
My mistake probably in wording incorrectly .  :embarassed:

There are as you know plenty of so called regarded responsible breeders out there but it still does not stop some disregarding bitches when they are of no use. Ive seen it happen, my friend is taking in a 7 year old bitch that was going to be put to sleep as she has now not got her uses and she was certainly not from a puppy farm.

How do these dogs end up there then? Are they taken away from owners as cruelty cases  or are they dumped on the door step abandoned?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »

How do these dogs end up there then? Are they taken away from owners as cruelty cases  or are they dumped on the door step abandoned?

No because unfortunately under the law as it has been up until very recently as long as the dogs had food, water and shelter of some kind then they were not being treated cruelly  >:(  The law has now been changed on this but it remains to be seen if it will make any difference.

Rescues such as MT have 'arrangements' in place with some puppy farmers so that they will take their dogs when they are no longer any use for breeding. Some people don't agree with this as it gives the puppy farmers a legitimate way of disposing of unwanted dogs and may just keep encouraging them to keep going. Others say that they're going to breed anyway and if places like MT don't take the unwanted dogs then they would be dumped, or shot or worse  :-\  It's a very difficult and emotive issue.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
Ive seen it happen, my friend is taking in a 7 year old bitch that was going to be put to sleep as she has now not got her uses and she was certainly not from a puppy farm.

Maybe not a puppy farm but not a responsible breeder either - responsible breeders do not PTS or threaten to PTS dogs which are no longer "of use" nor do they dump them on rescue :(

Jane

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:08:10 PM »
Aloe-Vera is being homevetted.  She is a beautiful looking dog  :luv:  I can't get over the fact that Aztec is already an ex-breeding bitch at 1 year old  :'(

I'm sure whoever gives these beautiful girls their forever homes will be rewarded in spades  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Cazzie

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »
Im thinking of them and all the others, hope they end up with super new homes, wee mites  :luv:

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 04:54:43 PM »

When we got Parker from Many tears we were told that when these bloody awful puppy farms have finished with the dogs, they are destined to be killed - by a whack over the head with a spade.  Sylvia gets a call from them to say they've got dogs and she collects them and saves them from the most horrid ending.

None of the dogs who end up in MT are from "responsible" breeders; you only have to see the awful condition of the majority of them to realise that.

And regards Elisa's post about being amazed at Aztec being a breeding bitch at 1 year - Mrs Bridges had had her first litter when she was 8 months old  >:D

There is nothing good, scrupulous or decent about any puppy farm.
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »

And regards Elisa's post about being amazed at Aztec being a breeding bitch at 1 year - Mrs Bridges had had her first litter when she was 8 months old  >:D

That is awful! Poor Mrs B!  :'(

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 06:37:14 PM »
I hope things work out for Aztec and Aloe-Vera - they are lovely looking girls  :luv:

They are so lucky to have been given a second chance.........the ex-breeding dogs that are handed over to rescues such as MT are just the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately  :'(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club