Author Topic: Suzy - Dogs Trust Merseyside  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Slave of Baxter

• Site Member
  • Baxter A.K.A. 'Bimble-bottom'
    • Dreamweezle Ferret & Small Animal Bedding
Suzy - Dogs Trust Merseyside
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/our_dogs/dog/?dog=112807&index=5&rehomingcentreid=0&pn=

Likes and dislikes:  Suzy is a lovely dog but unfortunately she was brought to the centre after her owner became worried by her after she had been bitten by Suzy. Suzy needs an experienced home as she does like her own way and this is when problems have arisen. Suzy is a well mannered dog most of the time but experiences she has had in a previous home have made her cautious in some situations.

Type of home needed:  Suzy is looking for an adult only home and people who have had Cocker spaniel experience before .She is good with dogs and cats but needs  owners  who are at home during the day as she has been very vocal when left . With people who understand Suzy she will make a lovely companion.

Jo
Owned by Baxter & Dillon living in Warwickshire

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Suzy - Dogs Trust Merseyside
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »
aawwww bless her  :luv:

I was at dogs trust a few weeks back, am sure I saw her there being walked around the complex  :shades:

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Would love to offer her a home if didnt have kids.  You cant take the risk though can you.  Wouldnt want her to have to be moved again.   :embarassed:

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »
Suzy is gorgeous - and reminds me a bit of Lily in looks.  :luv: I hope she finds a lovely forever home soon.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:17:54 PM »
I shall call in over the next few days with Charley and see how she is.  We aren't too far from there.

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 12:19:40 PM »
Poor Suzy :'(
Hope someone can offer her a home x
The Herbster!!

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:28:36 PM »
Well, I called at the Merseyside branch at 3.20 this afternoon - just returned home - only to find they are closed to visitors on Mondays.  The lady in reception was very nice, but the woman on the 'phone in the office was not helpful. "Do you know she bit her owner? she called across to me, balancing the 'phone under her chin.

Despite volunteers walking dogs, and about twenty cars in the car park, they would not let me see Suzy.  I really wanted her to meet Charley and see how they got on.  If Charley didn't take to her than I wouldn't proceed.  I was told to come back tomorrow and complete a questionnaire.  I certainly can't go back tomorrow, and I'm not sure that I can for a couple of weeks.  Perhaps. she's not for me.

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »
Oh how disapointing  :-\ Good on you for making the effort, going and trying to see her  :D
Please dont let that woman put you off.
I think you can fill in the questionaire on the Dogs Trust website, and register with them, so that will get the ball rolling.
Im not too far from there, so if theres anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Offline haziefantazie

• Site Member
  • It wasn't me!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
Well, I called at the Merseyside branch at 3.20 this afternoon - just returned home - only to find they are closed to visitors on Mondays.  The lady in reception was very nice, but the woman on the 'phone in the office was not helpful. "Do you know she bit her owner? she called across to me, balancing the 'phone under her chin.

Despite volunteers walking dogs, and about twenty cars in the car park, they would not let me see Suzy.  I really wanted her to meet Charley and see how they got on.  If Charley didn't take to her than I wouldn't proceed.  I was told to come back tomorrow and complete a questionnaire.  I certainly can't go back tomorrow, and I'm not sure that I can for a couple of weeks.  Perhaps. she's not for me.

I have just called today at 16.15 and she is still available. The girl who answered was very nice and helpful. It might be worth a try again. The one you got might of just been grumpy!
Many will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave pawprints in your heart.

Offline nat19

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 02:45:35 PM »
Suzy is still there, also a gorgeous golden boy who has food agression issues  :'( such a shame for the poor babies  :'(

Offline fifer

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
This poor wee girl is still there from October 14.  :'(
Spaniels In Need

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
I have to confess I've been taking a peep a Suzys photo nearly everyday, so I went along there today.......and shes just been rehomed!
Im really really pleased.....but a smidgen disapointed too.
So many other lovely dogs there, but all pretty large, which Betty wouldnt be able to handle.
The staff seem to do a great job looking after them all, and the the actual kennels were nice too, most with big comfy sofas!

Offline fifer

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »
Oh thanks for that brilliant news!  I hate it when they are in kennels for a long time.
Spaniels In Need

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
yay! lucky suzy!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »
Good news.  :D