Author Topic: Topsy Turvey 17 week old at Many Tears  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
Re: Topsy Turvey 17 week old at Many Tears
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »
I've just rung MT's and T.T was rehomed last night.

Good for TT Nataliea, but I can understand you are disappointed, I was told three days holding when I spoke to MT but when I explained Coco was a little timid they advised me not to make his a consideration!!!
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
i'm so sorry for you :'(

pleased for TT though :luv:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
Fab news for that TT

Gosh Nataliea you must be gutted.  I think that more cuddles are on the cards for Herbert, they are very good at that  :-*

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 04:50:43 PM »
I'm so sad for you Nataliea but can perfectly understand MT's point of view.  There is such pressure for space among all the rescues and if there are several offers of good homes, MT was bound to take the one that would free up space to allow another dog to be helped.  The same thing happened when I wanted to rehome Millie (who came, named Trinket, from MT). Simon was actually away in the States when I spotted her.  ::)   I wanted Sylvia at MT to hang on for a few days so I could discuss it with him and let him recover after the trip.  I even offered to pay boarding fees.  When, however, she explained the situation we drove all the way from Cumbria to Wales the same day he got off the redeye.  ::)  But we both work from home so it was much easier for us. You made the right decision for your circumstances - giving yourself time and space to introduce the new member of the family is so important and you were putting the dog first.  Happenstance was just against you but there is a cocker out there somewhere waiting for you soon.  :-*

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
wonder if its someone off here who got him?

Offline nataliea

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »
I'm so sad for you Nataliea but can perfectly understand MT's point of view.  There is such pressure for space among all the rescues and if there are several offers of good homes, MT was bound to take the one that would free up space to allow another dog to be helped.  The same thing happened when I wanted to rehome Millie (who came, named Trinket, from MT). Simon was actually away in the States when I spotted her.  ::)   I wanted Sylvia at MT to hang on for a few days so I could discuss it with him and let him recover after the trip.  I even offered to pay boarding fees.  When, however, she explained the situation we drove all the way from Cumbria to Wales the same day he got off the redeye.  ::)  But we both work from home so it was much easier for us. You made the right decision for your circumstances - giving yourself time and space to introduce the new member of the family is so important and you were putting the dog first.  Happenstance was just against you but there is a cocker out there somewhere waiting for you soon.  :-*

Thank you for your lovely post, T.T has gone to a good home, the chap at MT told me, and has settled well, I couldn't want more for him.
I do truely understand and respect MT's standpoint and have nothing but admiration for what they do. In my case I had to think of both of the dogs as their is only me at home and I desperately wanted to get it right by them both. A long weekend though but with the right outcome for the pup!! N&H.   
Nat and the Fabulous Cocker Boys.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:01:26 AM »
 :-\ I've only just seen this thread Nat, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you  :'( but I'm sure there is another little one out there somewhere for you.Don't give up hope  :luv:

Jann and flo  :luv: